Doe's eat place, my review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn bunch of cheap asses. Does is a decent upper end steakhouse, I was sad when it went out of business in Tulsa as we always went there or Bonefish while in Tulsa.

And who the hell gets sirloin at a nice steak place??? Save that for Outback. We've always gotten their porterhouse 2 inches thick it has always been good.

You turds need to live a little and take your wife out to some nice places. Have some wine, whiskey appetizers and creme brûlée and live it up a bit.

If'n you were married to my wife, you'd hear about it big time for spending that kind of money for food. Besides, we've had our own farm-raised beef and nothing in the restaurants can compare.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might just be my local TX Roadhouse in Lawton. The steak is so salty, we always order it unseasoned. I wish they could all be as good as the Stillwater location.
You win, mods please lock. I eat at the Tulsa Mahogany once a year for my mother's birthday. I've eaten at the OKC Mahogany. I've eaten at the Ranchers Club at OSU several times and Diamondback in Waco. The Stillwater Texas Roadhouse 20oz hand cut ribeye is hands down the consistently best steak I have ever had and 1/3 the cost of the fancy places.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I went to "Gage's Steak House" in Guthrie for our 22nd Anniversary celebration. She ordered the Blackened Salmon and I the Filet of Beef. (It was a share-and-share deal between us.) Everything was absolutely delicious, perfectly prepared, took just enough time to know it wasn't something sliced off a slab of something that had been cooked hours earlier, and the waitress was pleasant, courteous, and helpful.

For a place that is "casual dress", it certainly is elegant dining. The pricing is not cheap, but is far from outrageous. I highly recommend checking it out for yourselves.

Oh, and we brought home what we couldn't possibly finish last evening and will have a repeat dining adventure tonight!:spaghetti:

Woody
Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mind spending the money but it damn sure better be worth it.
Exactly. If I get a steak not cooked right at the American Legion cooked by volunteers and it isn't right, no big deal, but when we go to a fancy steakhouse and expect to have a bill of around a hundred bucks or more when leaving after appetizers, dinner, cocktails and dessert, it had better be done right or they get it back.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to chase my steak around the plate and have to kill it before eating it. If not, its overcooked!
Just make sure you keep your salad far enough away that it dosen't walk across the table and eat it. I had a buddy that would eat it blue. Where it was just brushed across a flame. I like it juicy but that was hard to see. A friend from Germany says her favorite food there is raw ground beef put on crackers or something. Sorry can't do that either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you keep your salad far enough away that it dosen't walk across the table and eat it. I had a buddy that would eat it blue. Where it was just brushed across a flame. I like it juicy but that was hard to see. A friend from Germany says her favorite food there is raw ground beef put on crackers or something. Sorry can't do that either.
Raw burger is putting one on the line for Salmonellas, Escherichia coli, Shigella, Staphylococcus aureus, and Listeria monocytogenes.(I copied them so I didn't have to respell them. )
Steak on the other hand with a minimal of cooking has all those bad things on the surface and are killed in the cooking process, so even blue rare is pretty safe.
I actually like mine a true medium rare with a warm red center. My dad was a blue rare person with a sense of humor that kind of set back some of the wait staff. When asked how he wanted his steak, he would say wipe the ass, skin it and let's eat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom