Does the 10 Commandments monument at the OK capitol benefit or support Christianity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read Between the Lies - SLAYER

Evangelist you claim God speaks through you
Your restless mouth full of lies gains popularity
You care not for the old that suffer
When empty pockets cry from hunger

Penniless from their generosity
Sharing their money to quench your greed
Searchin' for the answer to their prayers
They cry their last wish of need
Save me

His spirit lives and breathes in me
The almighty transformed to your screen
The meanings lost in it's translation
No holy words, describe his deception

You say, "You'll help us find the Lord"
Tell me preacher how do you know?
A simple quest for a visible savior
To lead us through our final prayer
Save me

Send your donations, contribute to the cause
Luxuries, your righteous reward
Praise the Lord, praise God
Is what you wish to sell
There is no Heaven without a hell

In your mind's eye could you truly believe
That by giving you can save your soul
Could you be so naive
You heal the sick, you raise the dead
You blind the congregation with the things you say

Religious blackmail a deceit of trust
That death will come and all will be lost
Can you hear the serpents call?
Look deep in those deceiving eyes
Ignore the writing on the wall
You should read between the lies

When doubt subsides his honesty
An inquiry, is it blasphemy?
Impure the soul, that's made to suffer
No sermons left to hide or cover
An empty promise, lie unfulfilled
To steal a dream or get it killed
They claim your trip to Heaven's nearby
You may believe it but Satan wouldn't lie

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i132.photobucket.com_albums_q32_sallynaylor_bucket_god_listens_to_slayer.jpg

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Read Between the Lies - SLAYER

Evangelist you claim God speaks through you
Your restless mouth full of lies gains popularity
You care not for the old that suffer
When empty pockets cry from hunger

Penniless from their generosity
Sharing their money to quench your greed
Searchin' for the answer to their prayers
They cry their last wish of need
Save me

His spirit lives and breathes in me
The almighty transformed to your screen
The meanings lost in it's translation
No holy words, describe his deception

You say, "You'll help us find the Lord"
Tell me preacher how do you know?
A simple quest for a visible savior
To lead us through our final prayer
Save me

Send your donations, contribute to the cause
Luxuries, your righteous reward
Praise the Lord, praise God
Is what you wish to sell
There is no Heaven without a hell

In your mind's eye could you truly believe
That by giving you can save your soul
Could you be so naive
You heal the sick, you raise the dead
You blind the congregation with the things you say

Religious blackmail a deceit of trust
That death will come and all will be lost
Can you hear the serpents call?
Look deep in those deceiving eyes
Ignore the writing on the wall
You should read between the lies

When doubt subsides his honesty
An inquiry, is it blasphemy?
Impure the soul, that's made to suffer
No sermons left to hide or cover
An empty promise, lie unfulfilled
To steal a dream or get it killed
They claim your trip to Heaven's nearby
You may believe it but Satan wouldn't lie

I loves me some Slayer

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see it benefitting/pushing religion on the public any more than I would think my Dentist is pushing waiting room fiction on his patients.

Changing dentists is easy. One of mine housed a nest of evangelical Christians who applied pressure to join just one time too many. New guy keeps his basic beliefs to himself.

Changing states is a little harder. The religious right is rubbing our noses in their power.
---------------------------------
Quote from Dukester:

I for one do not think that atheists are bad people. My dad and two brothers are all atheists and they're ok......well the one brother is a butthole but I digress. They certainly respect right and wrong is my point. The problem I have is that many atheists want to simply sweep away all trapping of Christianity simply because. The same people that demand tolerance often offer none themselves.
To be clear, I am a Christian that has no use for any church. I think most religious entities are scams and I hate evangelism of any kind. My relationship with God is ours alone. I also have no issue with other religions with the possible exception of that one that mostly wants to kill us on principle. My point is that I am very far from being a bible thumper.
I am also definitely not in favor of reverting to a church state in any sense.
-----------------------------------
There are evangelical atheists, and nonevangelical atheists.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Changing dentists is easy. One of mine housed a nest of evangelical Christians who applied pressure to join just one time too many. New guy keeps his basic beliefs to himself.

Changing states is a little harder. The religious right is rubbing our noses in their power.
---------------------------------
Quote from Dukester:

I for one do not think that atheists are bad people. My dad and two brothers are all atheists and they're ok......well the one brother is a butthole but I digress. They certainly respect right and wrong is my point. The problem I have is that many atheists want to simply sweep away all trapping of Christianity simply because. The same people that demand tolerance often offer none themselves.
To be clear, I am a Christian that has no use for any church. I think most religious entities are scams and I hate evangelism of any kind. My relationship with God is ours alone. I also have no issue with other religions with the possible exception of that one that mostly wants to kill us on principle. My point is that I am very far from being a bible thumper.
I am also definitely not in favor of reverting to a church state in any sense.
-----------------------------------
There are evangelical atheists, and nonevangelical atheists.

The butthurt is strong with this one....

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one do not think that atheists are bad people. My dad and two brothers are all atheists and they're ok......well the one brother is a butthole but I digress. They certainly respect right and wrong is my point. The problem I have is that many atheists want to simply sweep away all trapping of Christianity simply because. The same people that demand tolerance often offer none themselves..

I could have misunderstood where you were going with this, but I want to offer a response.

Sometimes I come across as an evangelical atheist. For the most part, my actions and those from others like me, are defensive, not offensive. Religion is a relationship between an individual and his god(s), and it belongs in the hearts and minds of those individuals, their families, their homes, and/or their churches. It has no place in our public schools or Government. When Christians complain about prayer being removed from public schools, they're complaining because their offensive move of pushing prayer into public schools have been blocked. If there is any intolerance, it's come from the offensive line, not defensive. Plus, it's not that prayer is banned from public schools, it's just that schools aren't allowed to hold dedicated prayer service. If a child wants to bring his bible and read scriptures and pray during down time, there are no moves blocking such activities.

When "libtards" fight for gay equality, they're defensively pushing back against a Christian offense that has forced their ideals into public law. Again, a place where it doesn't belong. When people fight for this equality, they're labeled as intolerant towards Christians, when in fact, it's Christian intolerance that started the fight in the first place.

Again, maybe that's not at all where you were going with this. If not, I apologize for rambling on about something completely off-topic from your statement.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I could have misunderstood where you were going with this, but I want to offer a response.

Sometimes I come across as an evangelical atheist. For the most part, my actions and those from others like me, are defensive, not offensive. Religion is a relationship between an individual and his god(s), and it belongs in the hearts and minds of those individuals, their families, their homes, and/or their churches. It has no place in our public schools or Government. When Christians complain about prayer being removed from public schools, they're complaining because their offensive move of pushing prayer into public schools have been blocked. If there is any intolerance, it's come from the offensive line, not defensive. Plus, it's not that prayer is banned from public schools, it's just that schools aren't allowed to hold dedicated prayer service. If a child wants to bring his bible and read scriptures and pray during down time, there are no moves blocking such activities.

When "libtards" fight for gay equality, they're defensively pushing back against a Christian offense that has forced their ideals into public law. Again, a place where it doesn't belong. When people fight for this equality, they're labeled as intolerant towards Christians, when in fact, it's Christian intolerance that started the fight in the first place.

Again, maybe that's not at all where you were going with this. If not, I apologize for rambling on about something completely off-topic from your statement.
That was basically an example of an atheist evangelistic rant. I don't believe in group prayer. Know what I do when people choose to pray as a group? I keep my mouth shut and respect others, only I don't bow my head. When I hear people talk about how they don't believe in God, know what I do there? I keep my mouth shut and respect others, no matter if its if a public building or not. Unfortunately, a lot of athiests these days cannot do that.
Should prayer be a required part of a school's ciruculum? Hell no. Should ANYONE be allowed to pray in school? Of course, regardless of their faith.
And why should that be offensive? Because people like to be offended.

Latest posts

Top Bottom