Dog meds cure cancer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not true.
"Even though we know that diacetyl causes popcorn lung, this chemical is found in many e-cigarette flavors. It is added to "e-juice" liquid by some e-cigarette companies to complement flavorings such as vanilla, maple, coconut and more. So while diacetyl was swiftly removed from popcorn products since it could cause this devastating disease among factory workers, e-cigarette users are now directly inhaling this harmful chemical into their lungs. In fact, researchers at Harvard found that 39 of 51 e-cigarette brands contained diacetyl. The study also found two similarly harmful chemicals—2,3 pentanedione and acetoin—present in 23 and 46 of the 51 flavors it tested. And roughly 92 percent of the e-cigarettes had one of the three chemicals present."

https://www.lung.org/about-us/blog/2016/07/popcorn-lung-risk-ecigs.html

Is true. While the chemicals may be found in e-liquid, there have been zero cases of popcorn lung attributed to vaping. Zero diagnosed cases. Not sure how you missed that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is true. While the chemicals may be found in e-liquid, there have been zero cases of popcorn lung attributed to vaping. Zero diagnosed cases. Not sure how you missed that.

Yet the e-liquid is used in vaping and the chemicals are found in 92% of the liquids. I know when I tried vaping you had to have the liquid.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet the e-liquid is used in vaping and the chemicals are found in 92% of the liquids. I know when I tried vaping you had to have the liquid.

Yes, but you can't factually say vaping causes popcorn lung if there hasn't been a single diagnosis of popcorn lung amongst vapers. I don't know how to put that in simpler terms brother.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but you can't factually say vaping causes popcorn lung if there hasn't been a single diagnosis of popcorn lung amongst vapers. I don't know how to put that in simpler terms brother.

"According to the American Lung Association, using electronic cigarettes or vaping, particularly the flavored varieties, can cause popcorn lung. ... However, e-cigarette vapor has been proven to contain diacetyl. A 2015 study of flavored e-cigarettes found that 39 out of 51 tested brands contained diacetyl."

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"According to the American Lung Association, using electronic cigarettes or vaping, particularly the flavored varieties, can cause popcorn lung. ... However, e-cigarette vapor has been proven to contain diacetyl. A 2015 study of flavored e-cigarettes found that 39 out of 51 tested brands contained diacetyl."

Can cause isn't has caused.

So can you get popcorn lung from vaping? There’s not enough scientific evidence to answer that with absolute certainty. What we do know is that cigarette smoking, with its significantly higher risk of diacetyl exposure, hasn’t yet been positively associated with popcorn lung. In fact, the only known case of popcorn lung from diacetyl exposure outside of microwave popcorn factories affected a Colorado man who ate two bags a day of diacetyl-containing microwave popcorn containing over a period of ten years.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fenbendazole, it’s a deworming medicine.

It's amazing what "they" call medicine.. It's an internal pesticide /Anthelmintic .. It's been used for sometime, there was / is a product I can't recall the name of off hand that was used in Mexico that we used many moons ago.. Here's one found on E bay..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223489148211

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's amazing what "they" call medicine.. It's an internal pesticide /Anthelmintic .. It's been used for sometime, there was / is a product I can't recall the name of off hand that was used in Mexico that we used many moons ago.. Here's one found on E bay..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223489148211
That one appears to be a china import. I'd be skeert of that one. Adulterated medicine is a known problem coming from that area I've heard.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can cause isn't has caused.

You can try to split hairs all you want but I know several doctors and RNs worried about it. If I owned a vape shop right now I would either be trying to sell it, or looking for the best insurance I can find because the lawsuits will start flying with the first person diagnosed.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Some side effects...

facial swelling
itchiness
hives
diarrhea
vomiting
seizures