Dog Sentenced To Death By Stoning In Jerusalem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Jerusalem rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a dog it suspects is the reincarnation of a secular lawyer who insulted the court's judges 20 years ago, Ynet website reported Friday.

According to Ynet, the large dog made its way into the Monetary Affairs Court in the ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood of Mea Shearim in Jerusalem, frightening judges and plaintiffs.

Despite attempts to drive the dog out of the court, the hound refused to leave the premises.

One of the sitting judges then recalled a curse the court had passed down upon a secular lawyer who had insulted the judges two decades previously.

Their preferred divine retribution was for the lawyer's spirit to move into the body of a dog, an animal considered impure by traditional Judaism.

Clearly still offended, one of the judges sentenced the animal to death by stoning by local children.

The canine target, however, managed to escape.

"Let the Animals Live", an animal-welfare organisation filed a complaint with the police against the head of the court, Rabbi Avraham Dov Levin, who denied that the judges had called for the dog's stoning, Ynet reported.

One of the court's managers, however, confirmed the report of the lapidation sentence to Israeli daily Yediot Aharonot.

"It was ordered... as an appropriate way to 'get back at' the spirit which entered the poor dog," the paper reported the manager as saying, according to Ynet.

Certain schools of thought within Judaism believe in the transmigration of souls, or reincarnation.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/17/jewish-court-sentences-dog-to-death-by-stoning/

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most Americans have no idea that there are some very radical sects of the Jewish faith in Israel. Better insight would be reading the book O' Jerusalem. During the days of 46 and 47 leading up to Israel becoming a Nation State, there are, was or were some sects that carried out horrendous acts against Arabs, and as Arabs did against them, too.
Just my two cents.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about this a couple days ago. I find it hard to believe since (as far as I know) Jews don't believe in reincarnation.

Found this on Snopes
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=74016

the article goes on to quote Rabbi Avraham Dov Levin as saying "it never happened." He confirmed that a dog did show up in the court, and apparently got inside the building, frightening some people, and it took a while to chase it out, so it was a bit of an event, but the idea that it was identified as a lawyer who had been cursed was nonsense. It seems that once the dog was chased out, some children did throw stones at it, but that was a case of children being cruel, because they chose to be, not because the court told them to be.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Keith Olbermann ads are a nice touch as well.
Really ads to the creditability of the site.

LOL. I seen that he is back tonight. His first guest is no other then that fine American....................... Michael Moore. Now if he can just book Sean Penn, his fans will be very happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom