Doing the right thing question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once ate at the chinese buffet on Lincoln and halfway though a roach is actually in my fried rice!

we have a little convenience store/cafe/coffee shop just down the road here that makes great burgers, but is FILTHY ! we are used to it, and dont think much about it, but always order ours to go so we dont have to look at the place or the people who work there. i swear they must pay off the health inspector.

anyway, its not real uncommon to find a fly that fell in the frier and winds up in your fries. we call em.... wait for it....

FRENCH FLIES !

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can spray every week and still get travelers. It can be even worse depending on if there are neighbors who have worse habits. I would not worry about it. Bugs are not too bothersome with me, if you understand their nature, you will understand their habitats.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did the right thing.

Years ago when I lived on the Texas gulf coast my father and I went to a dockside restaurant. I ordered a salad with my meal and as I was getting ready to take my first bite I saw one of those big old Texas water roaches in my salad. I quietly called the waitress over and asked if they charged extra for meat in the salad. Poor girl almost fainted. :D

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If it was in my food, I'd be ticked. But just wandering around, not so much. I think you did the right thing. I'll never forget pulling up to a sonic when they were redoing the siding, the walls outside were covered in roaches. Literally hundreds of them. I watched for a while, then left. That was just too much.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually had a similar experience yesterday. I didn't make a scene I just looked at it was like "Hmm, would you look at that." And my work mate squished it and we continued our meal. Perhaps it's because I grew up in the ghetto and am used to dining with roaches, but I just don't see a need to get freaked out if there aren't roach droppings everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom