Doing the right thing question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldnt have said a thing if if wasnt in my food. OMG if my wife was with me I would damn sure have not said a word because she would have left right then and we never would be able to go back.

One time me and my brother were eating at the old Franks Country Kitchen in Tulsa, the big BBQ buffet joint that was on Memorial around 26,27th behind Whattaburger. He is really skittish about bad stuff at restaurants. While he was at the buffet line getting a plateful I was at the table wolfing mine down when a roach came out of the napkin dispensor,looked around,and went back in. I kept my mouth shut and kept on eetin cause I was starving and knew if I said anything my brother would have been out of there. A little while later when my brother was at the table with me the roach came back out and scurried across the table and off the edge. My brother saw it,and quickly got up and went to talk to the manager. ****. I hurried and finished my last plate cause I knew we were leaving. Sure enough he came back and was ready to go. The manager comped our meals. Sweet. Cause I was stuffed by then. He never went back but I did many times and actually even miss the place now that its closed down.

jdubya

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive checked alarms and found open doors on a lot of restaurants. Went inside and the floors looked like they were alive. Ive seen a lot of roaches but a few places were out of control. Two were bar-b-que joints and one was an older place that was supposed to be really good. Not gonna post names but lots of people swear the food is great. I wont be eating there....

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got home with my goodies from Taco Bell once and when I unwrapped my Taco Supreme a roach zoomed across the the inside of the taco shell like it was on a racetrack or something. I took it back and quietly told the Manager and he proceeded to tell me there was no way. He started to open the taco wrapper and I warned him it was still there, he did it anyway right there on the front counter. Out jumps the roach and runs across the counter in front of all the customers ordering. He say he'll get me a new taco. I say: No, you'll get me my money back and keep your roach-ridden tacos!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done similar, only in my case I smooshed the roach with a napkin. When we went to pay out, I asked for the manager. When he arrived, I just handed hiim the napkin. After he looked inside, he asked me what I wanted. I simply said we needed nothing. That I just wanted him to know about the little critter.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You did the right thing.

I have owned restaurants and there is no way to keep them out. They come in on deliveries. We got burlap bags of potatoes loads of boxes every day. We sprayed often and kept them under control, but they were still there. If the kitchen is cleaned every day, it keeps them away from the food. We sprayed and soaped down the kitchen every day, but we still saw critters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom