Dolese park pond fishing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out whether to take part of the day off tomorrow to fish there for trout on the last day of the trout season - I'd like to score some trout.

Questions:

1. The season ends tomorrow, Feb 28th. But the trout do not magically disappear. If you catch one after this date, can you keep it? If not, this would be silly since they're just going to die anyway in the summer heat. Does it matter whether you're TRYING to catch trout or not? I.e. is it the case that you cannot TRY to catch trout, but if you catch one while trying for another species you can keep it? Why would anyone care if you keep the trout that are just going to die in the summer?

2. The trout regs for this special pond fishing say "no boats/kayaks or float tubes" - after Feb 28th, can I then use a float tube in this pond to go after bass, crappie, catfish, etc.?

3. Finally, I got NO bites out there last time, last weekend - can anyone tell me the best spot to try to catch the trout at this pond - lat and long would be ideal, but any description would help.

Thanks!

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about the float tube question. But you can continue to fish until the trout are gone. You can also use 3 rods now instead of onlyl 1 and keep the fish. They realize they are just going to die and would rather they get caught.

Latest posts

Top Bottom