Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed tonight!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing that needs to be manually changed is the clock on the stove. And that's womans work... :bolt:
Our cook stove (GE) was put in when we built the house in '76, and has an electric/mechanical clock with hands. Unfortunately, the timer/buzzer is integral with the clock, and the mechanism became so worn a few years ago that the buzzer came on by itself and we couldn't turn it off.

So our stove clock is no longer connected... :D
___

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, for those that REALLY hate the time changes and wish they would leave it at one time, there is a solution....

....move to Arizona.

However, if you ever leave the state, you get to deal with it then, especially so if you have some kind of appointments in other states. When we lived in Southern Utah for that 9 months, we had to keep standard time in mind if we were to do anything in Arizona.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, for those that REALLY hate the time changes and wish they would leave it at one time, there is a solution....

....move to Arizona.

However, if you ever leave the state, you get to deal with it then, especially so if you have some kind of appointments in other states. When we lived in Southern Utah for that 9 months, we had to keep standard time in mind if we were to do anything in Arizona.
You have to do the same thing if you live near mountain or eastern time, or if you just deal with people all across the world all day long.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

....move to Arizona.

When I was living in Chicago, I knew a few people from Indiana that worked there. I guess they were used to not switching clocks back an forth.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to do the same thing if you live near mountain or eastern time, or if you just deal with people all across the world all day long.

When I was living in Chicago, I knew a few people from Indiana that worked there. I guess they were used to not switching clocks back an forth.

When we happen to go to places out of the central time zone, I tend to NOT reset my watch, even if we will be in another time zone for an extended period of time, such as when on our Summer work gig. Under those circumstances, if I want to know the time, I check my phone.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we happen to go to places out of the central time zone, I tend to NOT reset my watch, even if we will be in another time zone for an extended period of time, such as when on our Summer work gig. Under those circumstances, if I want to know the time, I check my phone.
Yep, I use my phone or computer. Smart watches also help.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Central Asia is where stuff starts getting weird. 15-30min shifts depending on which province, town, territory they are in starts getting a little ridiculous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom