Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed tonight!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never been bothered with the time changes, but I do like the idea of staying with one or the other. What would be the advantage of staying with DST as opposed to STANDARD time?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They say it will give you more daylight hours in the evenings and as one senator put it so his kids will have more time to play sports after school since they dont have lights on the fields.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They say it will give you more daylight hours in the evenings and as one senator put it so his kids will have more time to play sports after school since they dont have lights on the fields.

Well, "they" don't know for beans...

...my guess is that whomever came up with the idea needed more time on the golf course. In other words, selfish intentions.

I would agree with the idea of staying on standard time year round. Arizona still does, and as has been mentioned, it might be easier for kids going to school, whether walking, being driven by parent, or riding a bus.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesnt matter to me personally since i very very seldom look at a clock and havent had a watch on in over year and a half, unless i have a appt to be somewheres which is very seldom i dont care what time of day it is

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading all of your posts about clocks not mattering anymore. I am surprised resetting clocks being a concern for you.
It's not a concern of mine where the clocks are positioned. It's a concern of the other half of my life, as well as doctors, dentists, and others that wish to set appointments outside of my disdain for any schedules that are the concern and PITA to require me changing clocks that are positioned in the areas where they are almost impossible to get to.
I recently tried to move the hands of one 10' up on the wall with a long broom stick while on a two step ladder. Ladder wasn't real steady and the broom stick "bent" the shaft of the clock so it doesn't work anymore. (problem solved)
My phone and truck does it automatically. Appointments are scheduled late morning or early afternoon when getting up from my "beauty sleep".

Latest posts

Top Bottom