Dove hunting tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to miss it tomorrow. It's tough for me because it is my dad's birthday. We always went hunting on his birthday since I was 9 years old. This is only the third opening day I've missed since he died fifteen years ago.

That's really nice.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You made me want to call my dad to go out this weekend.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid and I was at my grandpa's house. We got up the next morning to go dove hunting and it was raining. We called my uncle and asked if he still wanted to go. "Nope, its raining. The dove dont fly in the rain. If you kill any I'll clean em." My grandpa and I decided to go ahead and try it for a while(he was a waterfowler and a little rain never bothered him). It was one of the most fun days hunting I can remember. We limited out and went to town to my uncle's house. He had to clean our dove in the rain. Good times..

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great hunt south of Fredrick. It wasn't awesome, but I did limit out by noon. I fired the shotty 47 times which gave the birds a 2 in 3 chance of surviving. :crying:

I also managed to harvest a bonus. Late in the morning I got a Eurasian Collered dove....big bird!!

I used Smokin' Fowl Guide Service and they did a great job.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went, and when getting out of the truck, a double lightning bolt hit about 2 miles away.
I put my lightning rod back in the truck and just watched the dove fly by.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a great hunt south of Fredrick. It wasn't awesome, but I did limit out by noon. I fired the shotty 47 times which gave the birds a 2 in 3 chance of surviving. :crying:

Haha...today was my first time dove hunting. I had a blast. One of the things I liked most was the opportunity to shoot a lot. It's not like deer hunting where you might go eight hours for a single shot. I walked away with two, but I had a really good time outdoors. I don't get much of that nowadays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom