Drive In Movie Theaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I make it a point to go to the Beacon in Guthrie once a year. Nice family run business and family atmosphere. Has a grass area in front of screen area for kids to play. Haven't been to the Winchester in a while but the crowd is a bit rougher. The Beacon runs only one movie a night, closes early and is close to Edmond. The Winchester runs 2 or 3 movies and is open late. It's only my wife and I and we go for the nostalgia of it and to enjoy a nice evening in the lawn chair with some cut up melon and snacks. We pick a warm, not hot night, with a decent breeze to keep the mosquitos at bay. I remember I violated my wife ( then girlfriend ) 43 years ago at the Winchester. Watched one movie, climbed up under the dark tinted shell of the 1974 El Camino, Made a Move and a Movie ourselves, popped back out to a then thinned crowd and watched the last movie. No motion commotion if you remember to stiffen the air shocks before going. If I was to go to the Winchester with my wife now, and I know this might sound kinky to some but She'd want it to be a threesome. Her preferred third party being my old friend Colt, Mr. Smith or for a real good time any Heckler family member !?!?!?

Last edited:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the mid-'60s, went to my first drive-in on the day after my 16th birthday. Had just purchased my first car, a '56 Ford Fairlane sedan. My girlfriend (Debbie - last name withheld to protect the not-so-innocent) and I actually watched the movie that night! Well, the first one anyway, which starred William Holden as I recall. Got my first real, honest-to-goodness sloppy-wet kiss during the second movie... and somehow I have no memory of that movie, at all.

As we were preparing to leave, I depressed the clutch just a moment too soon (before Deb got her window rolled down, to replace the speaker on the post). The car rolled backward down the slight incline, reached the short limit of the stretchy cord, and loudly cracked the side window. My parents noticed, but never asked me about it. However, Dad grinned. A lot.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid in Claremore, my dad worked at a Phillips 66/Howard Johnson travel plaza on the Will Rogers turnpike. There was a drive in right next door.

Dad usually worked 3-11, so on Friday nights we would go visit him. You could see the movie from the south end of the parking lot, but you couldn't hear it.

Howard Johnsons also had the best coffee, chocolate ice cream and brownies I ever had.
Kid, now a doctor, was known to watch movies from one of few remaining drive-in theaters....from outside. They'd chip in for one entrance who would use walkie-talkie to "broadcast" sound outside to adjacent parking lot with a speaker in car where all others would watch movie, down brews, charm the girls with daring "hold my brew, watch this" escapades.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove to Sapulpa last week,,,
It looks like that old drive-in is back in operation.

Aarond

Yep, the Teepee Drive-In at Dewey (Route 66) and Taft reopened in 2023. Every time I drive by there I think I need to go see a movie there, but I never remember when I have the time to actually go to a movie...

Latest posts

Top Bottom