Ducks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're here! The second half looks like it is shaping up to be a good one. Looks like I'll be out of the deer stand and in the duck blind come Saturday morning. Anyone else seeing good numbers at their duck spots?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have thousands of mallards, geese, and some duck that I don't know, at Sooner Lake.
There is a public hunting area. I don't know how they are on that end of the lake (south), but on the North, they are thick.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lot's of ducks, geese, and sand hill cranes(T-Bone of the sky:wink2:) in Grant/Alfalfa Co's. Looking forward to Saturday as well.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been hearing good reports on some of the ponds i have access to in south Pott. county.

We'll be after them.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...Looks like the numbers have jumped for round 2! With the smaller cattle ponds frozen in the mornings lately, they are hitting the bigger detention ponds and larger lakes.

60 degrees for the next two days....then Friday brings another cold front.... We should have a banner weekend!

PJ

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have thousands of mallards, geese, and some duck that I don't know, at Sooner Lake.
There is a public hunting area. I don't know how they are on that end of the lake (south), but on the North, they are thick.

Was thinking about hunting Sooner this month. Is it typically pretty crowded? You just need to pickup a permit the morning you arrive right?

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is duck hunting generally come Christmas time? I'll be down visiting the family, and plan on chasing some birds. Our flight up this way came in went in less than a week, and it fell in the middle of our 10 day deer season so i never got a chance at the birds.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is duck hunting generally come Christmas time? I'll be down visiting the family, and plan on chasing some birds. Our flight up this way came in went in less than a week, and it fell in the middle of our 10 day deer season so i never got a chance at the birds.

Usually very good about then. Hope you sack em up. Have a safe trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom