Dumping dogs/ trash for the new year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it my first thought when I read this was... Dead end road...isolated area...no witnesses...people dumping dogs. Hmmm... Never know what could happen in a place like that.

I sure hope that Karma thing is real. Seems like those that deserve.

My first thought, "sounds like the "train station". Where's Rip?"

Has been said before, my land is 6 miles from town. Son lives on the land, just short of 1/4 mile from highway. Many times, a vehicle has been seen dumping dogs or cats. Most are never seen.
The animals that are aggressive, we don't tolerate. I don't relish shooting them, but I will not have them attacking my livestock or give someone an aggressive animal. Most are fed and rehomed. D-i-L would (and does) keep all she can. At this time, 13 dogs and 9 cats are permanent residents. All were dumped.

My 3 are dumped. Daughter 3. Granddaughter 2 and grandson 1.

I have game cams at the hwy. When we get a pic of dampers, it goes to the Sheriff. He loves telling them about the error of their ways and showing the pics of the dead dogs. The ticket / fine must be helping word get out. The dumping is wayyyyy down, on our corner, anyway.

Last edited:

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update:
Dogs are still there. Could not get any good photos as they get up and take off as I pull up.
I posted in some groups around the area and called a few places. I would take them in but my experience is if you take them then no one else wants them at that point. And I have a full house already

Attachments

• 20230104_105234.jpg
    20230104_105234.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230104_105029.jpg
    20230104_105029.jpg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 0

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry that I can't help with the dogs, but I would love fifteen minutes with the perps if they are ever caught. Our current dog came from a litter that was dumped in a ditch. She is the smartest, most loving, and ornery dog we have ever had and that's saying a lot. Good luck with your endeavor!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
talked to a fella who was sent with the 45th to katrina. he said they spent days gathering up stray dogs logging their info and are they came from to try to get them back to the owners. the dogs and cats were housed in an airconditioned enclosed warehouse in kennels . they had food water and care around the clock while the soldiers slept on the roof top in the filth. he said that some peta group broke into the warehouse and turned them all loose to just die in the swamp. these are the same idiots who rescue them from the shelters and bring them to the country to starve.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
talked to a fella who was sent with the 45th to katrina. he said they spent days gathering up stray dogs logging their info and are they came from to try to get them back to the owners. the dogs and cats were housed in an airconditioned enclosed warehouse in kennels . they had food water and care around the clock while the soldiers slept on the roof top in the filth. he said that some peta group broke into the warehouse and turned them all loose to just die in the swamp. these are the same idiots who rescue them from the shelters and bring them to the country to starve.
Should be open season on those idiots

Latest posts

Top Bottom