Dyson or Kirby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mines wife introduced us to her friend Dyson about 6 years ago.

Had a 1972 kirby with all of the attachments, it worked but was sooo friggin loud

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Miele for the win. It's the only one that truly performs HEPA filtration. Having a HEPA filer and actually doing HEPA filtration are two different things. Dyson's leak like a sieve, spewing dust all over your house. So do Rainbows.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Dyson, and have used Kirby, Hoover, and even Shark in the past. I really want a Miele, but yes, the marketing gimmick of not having to mess with bags has gotten to me. I did not notice dust getting blown around when using the Dyson and I have had it for 6 years, I will pay more attention now just to see.

Kirby was decent, but was very heavy and loud to operate. It had one of those sweet rake attachments for the shaggy carpet.
Hoover, the higher end models were better, but we couldn't keep a belt in the one with the fwd/rwd transmission...and hit was heavy.
Shark, not sure what to say, it is a good touch up and in a crunch need to pick something up.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got 3 dysons two of the big ones and one of the little hand held ones, all have worked great for 3 dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom