Dyson or Kirby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents had an ancient Kirby when I was a kid. Weighed like 30 pounds. They are solid, but as has been said, their marketing is brutal. Rainbow? Give me a friggin' break. That is about as BS of a scam as I have seen. Sure it works, but a Dyson does just as good a job (if not better) for a fraction of the price. Dyson gets the nod in my house because we have stairs and it is a quality unit that works. I have had mine for 8 years. Mind you, we have 7 dogs and 6 cats. and 3 kids. Dyson gets it done for far less than any of the others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using the same Filter Queen for the last 35 years. The guy that owns the vacuum repair shop where I buy parts for it (34th and Rockwell) says the quality of Dyson is a joke. He is real big on Panasonics. Our Filter Queen has been an awesome vacuum. But he says the Filter Queens made today are nowhere near as good as the ones made years ago. We bought an iRobot Roomba to use in between Filter Queen uses and it works surprisingly well.

kdh77

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a rainbow that will suck the dirt out of the neighbors carpet. With two small dogs and a cat it's a constant battle of man vs. fur. When I dump it out it looks like I sucked up our little toy aussie. Great thing is no bags to change and absolutely no dust. Only thing I don't like is having the separate head and pulling the vac itself behind you.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a rainbow that will suck the dirt out of the neighbors carpet. With two small dogs and a cat it's a constant battle of man vs. fur. When I dump it out it looks like I sucked up our little toy aussie. Great thing is no bags to change and absolutely no dust. Only thing I don't like is having the separate head and pulling the vac itself behind you.

I grew up vacumming with a rainbow as a kid, in a townhome. I would have rather slid down a rail of razorblades. That thing was brutal. Emptying it was the worst, where the Eff do you put that Chewbacca rat looking crap??! On the bright side, I got a Washington for doing the whole house. Better than dishes which only paid a quarter.

kdh77

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up vacumming with a rainbow as a kid, in a townhome. I would have rather slid down a rail of razorblades. That thing was brutal. Emptying it was the worst, where the Eff do you put that Chewbacca rat looking crap??! On the bright side, I got a Washington for doing the whole house. Better than dishes which only paid a quarter.

I usually dump the chewbacca/wet rat/ball of nasty over the back fence (after checking for eyeballs to make sure I didn't accidentally suck up the dog) I tried dumping and flushing it once in the toilet, bad idea......

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we have used a dyson for about 12 years before that is was a kirby and I really didn't care for it, I thought the kirby was awesome until I went over the floor with the dyson after I used the kirby and the dyson got a promotion from being just the upstairs vacuum ot being the whole house vacuum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom