Earthquakes in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right. You have to prove that waste water injection causes earthquakes. That's called proving a positive.

Oh, and thanks! I slept quite well! Hope you did as well.

Woody

No woody,

Shadow posted this earlier in the thread:
anyone that doesn't have their head buried in the sand can see that the earthquakes have increased in spite of this. There almost seems to be a correlation that the more restrictions they impose the more earthquakes we get. 'Splain that one...

Then I posted numbers that show the number of quakes decreasing in the second half of 2015, as the OCC closed more wells and reduced injection volumes, which is the opposite of what Shadow said.

And then you bebopped into the thread with some pseudoscience about the number of quakes isn't an important factor.
Of course not, the data undermines your argument so you ignore it and demand more different better data.
But you got nothing, except an argument to contribute to the thread.

Go back to sleep woody

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You totally missed all the wells the OCC ordered shut didn't you? Also this will be the last straw that sends Sandridge to bankruptcy court. Mark that down. So who's side are they on again?

Flick a tear for Sandridge. Poor management and attitude will do that to a company!!!! :yelclap::igetit:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now you've misquoted me. I call foul. I merely pointed out that listing only those quakes 3.0 and above is disingenuous.

So far this year (2016), all two days of it, as of right now (10:15 AM), there were three quakes 3.0 and above at 3.2, 3.1, and 4.2. There were seven just below 3.0 at 2.8, 2.8, 2.6, 2.9, 2.6, 2.9, and 2.5. The Source. Your graph would have only reflected 30% of the quakes so far this year.

Woody

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now you've misquoted me. I call foul. I merely pointed out that listing only those quakes 3.0 and above is disingenuous.

So far this year (2016), all two days of it, as of right now (10:15 AM), there were three quakes 3.0 and above at 3.2, 3.1, and 4.2. There were seven just below 3.0 at 2.8, 2.8, 2.6, 2.9, 2.6, 2.9, and 2.5. The Source. Your graph would have only reflected 30% of the quakes so far this year.

Woody

Woody, my source was the USGS earthquake archives.
I posted that in my post. I even provided links to the data.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/search/

Earthquakes lower than magnitude 3 are generally not felt by anyone.
Nobody cares.

Go back to sleep woody

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hobbes they've been choking injection activity down for almost 2 years. We've only heard of it lately because they've really ramped that up this year. And anyone that doesn't have their head buried in the sand can see that the earthquakes have increased in spite of this. There almost seems to be a correlation that the more restrictions they impose the more earthquakes we get. 'Splain that one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy to explain, the damage is already done to the plates. :smash: Sort of like the guy that continues to run his engine hot because of a radiator leak. Once the damage is done by the excessive heat the engine will continue to lose power until it is destroyed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom