EDC fixed blade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I didnt win the Coye giveaway, Im looking for a good EDC fixed blade. If I had the money, I'd buy a ridgeback. That said, is there anything comperable out there that i havent found yet? I have searched here and using Google. What do yous guys carry?

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ESEE Izula is a great little knife that is easy to carry. You can carry it on a lanyard around your neck, in the pocket, or adapt the sheath to belt carry using MOLLE locks or paracord loops.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ESEE Izula is a great little knife that is easy to carry. You can carry it on a lanyard around your neck, in the pocket, or adapt the sheath to belt carry using MOLLE locks or paracord loops.

The Izula is a good knife. A lot of folks like the Ka-Bar TDI, but I could never warm up to it's shape. Becker, Spyderco, Benchmade, and Kershaw all make small fixed-blades too. Boker has a few small fixed-blades for a good price (in AUS8 steel which is fairly stainless, but doesn't hold an edge very well, so you'll want to only use it for self-defense and not utilitarian stuff). If you're trying to stay in a Less-than-Coye price, then pretty much every custom is out for you - Bill's prices are some of the lowest on customs (especially for what you get).

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the ka-bar TDI small and I use a Infight access kydex sheath.
I was able to buy a live blade+trainer and the sheath for about the same cost as some knives.
If your going to get a defensive knife make sure to get a trainer also.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes carry the Kabar TDI, but it is essentially a single-purpose knife. Since I have a bit of a boxing background, the TDI fits my purpose of "boxing" with a knife in your hand as a defensive method. It's not ideal as a general purpose fixed blade, which is why I keep an ESEE Izula II in my EDC bag, which is also a good concealable fighting knife. I'd like to switch to an ESEE 3-mil at some point.

A Coye Ridgeback has been on my wish list for a while too. But in the meantime, ESEE knives are hard to beat for the money.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you EZB, its hard to beat a Coye in any price range. I'm just looking for something to carry while I save up for a ridgeback. Thanks for all the ideas! now off to google the izula etc. What about CRKT? I have a first gen M16 that i beat the hell out of. I havent bought one of their products in a long time. is their quality still as good as it was in the late 90's?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing it for a few days now. Feels great in the hand. Haven't used it yet. I've got another Ridgeback that I use on a regular basis. So this one will probably sit on the shelf for awhile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom