Edmond cops WTH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually do not get involved with LEO threads but this time I have to. So my son is on his way home from a friends last night following another friend with a passenger. They pass a Edmond cop going the other way he does a u turn & follows them for about a minute or less, no speeding etc hits his lights & pulls my son over. He asks him if he is with the other car & where are you going he says yes, as the other car continues on its way, I’m on my way home. My son asks him why he was stopped officer tells him your registration has expired, this is where I call BS, I know for a fact that it is not I make sure all my vehicles are up to date & even look at the plates of the vehicles I park behind to make sure the stickers are still there and good. Also I got stopped in the same vehicle 2 weeks ago for a brake light out no mention of registration expired, good clean stop by Logan county Sherriff polite no trouble with my ccl etc. Also how could he even see the stickers while driving behind him and if he could it is yellow 2015 so BS again. After my son was stopped the officer asked him to get out of the car for a pat down for weapons, WTH then proceeds to ask him to remove everything from the glove box console etc & proceeds to search the car, WTF. All the officer was doing in my opinion was stopping a teenager to see if he could catch him with something he should not have and charge him so Edmond could fill its coffers to pay for their new jail. This completely pisses me off I guess being a teenager is just cause for a traffic stop:finger:.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd go down and talk to the chief and have your son give his account of the officer's actions, file a complaint if you have to. Sounds like someone over stepped their bounds more than a little. Sounds like your son kept his composure though, good for him for that, but now may be the time to teach him that unless he did something wrong, he has every right to deny a search.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tought him to respest his elders & I know most cops are good doing a job that has a high risk to it. I will be talking to him and letting him know this did not have to happen.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a break light out when I got stopped and it was 2 am so he was looking for a drunk but my ass just got off work where i always seem to be

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd go down and talk to the chief and have your son give his account of the officer's actions, file a complaint if you have to. Sounds like someone over stepped their bounds more than a little. Sounds like your son kept his composure though, good for him for that, but now may be the time to teach him that unless he did something wrong, he has every right to deny a search.

Yeah, good ol' Backdraft Bob will be really receptive. Good luck with that.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The kicker is he didn't even get a warning so nothing with the officers badge number or name, and of course my son was intimidated and didn't think of getting it he did nothing wrong. Probablly no use to go to the chief & waste my breath but i should call just to ***** but with no name or number it will fall on def ears

Latest posts

Top Bottom