Eischens lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Eischen's. I think the great appeal it has is the history and the atmosphere, neither of which is enough for me to justify the drive again. Chicken was fine. Just fine. We didn't have to wait, and I still won't make the long drive again. I'm all for enjoying famous places with historical significance, but once was enough for me at Eischens. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine place, just not deserving of the reputation based on food alone. (At least not anymore) I happen to know the guy who makes the breading mix I believe they use. He sells it to lots of restaurants and gas-station type places. Sorry, but Eischen's chicken is just nothing special anymore.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I happen to know the guy who makes the breading mix I believe they use. He sells it to lots of restaurants and gas-station type places. Sorry, but Eischen's chicken is just nothing special anymore.

That's a pretty good way to describe it. Their chicken is about like the chicken you buy out of the heated cabinet at rural convenience stores, with the burritos, tater logs, and pepper poppers.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
All I got to say is, that if Eischens was closer, I would eat there a couple times a week.

I think their Chicken and fried okra are great, and I have never had to wait more than a few minutes for a table.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom