Electrical Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it remembers which is failed?

If you plug into 1 and 2, then try 3, 3 will be failed, but 1 and 2 will stay lit?

Then if you unplug 3 (1 and 2 still lit) and move 2 to 3, 1 and 3 will be lit?

Then if you try 2, it will not light?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm......then my guess is that one of the sockets is wired in the wrong polarity. From my understanding, LED bulbs are kind of like a diode --- current can only flow one way through the bulb. Incandescent bulbs don't care about the direction of the flow.

Good luck!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s the contact in that socket. The led bulb isn’t screwing in far enough to make contact.

Edit: you may be able to bend the contact in the center out enough for the bulb to work.

4CBB7761-7F38-4C05-AE94-2F9148C34FA8.jpeg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm......then my guess is that one of the sockets is wired in the wrong polarity. From my understanding, LED bulbs are kind of like a diode --- current can only flow one way through the bulb. Incandescent bulbs don't care about the direction of the flow.

Good luck!

It’s A/C, the current flows in both directions.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you install all three bulbs in the sockets one does not light. Lets call them sockets a b and c. A and b are lit but c is not. If you unscrew a then b & c light up correct? If you unscrew b then a & c light up correct? If a and c are screwed in, is b the one that doesn't light up? So it's always the third bulb once tightened does not light. If you flip the light switch off install all three bulbs then switch it back on, is it always the same socket that doesn't light? Turn switch back off. Rearrange the bulbs then power back on. Is it the same socket that doesn't light again? Hope this makes sense.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the wrong polarity thought. LED bulbs are DC, but AC is their power source and they are not grounded (2 pole) so they should work even if it is wired backwards I would think. This could be a good possibility though, maybe they emit some noise through the power and if one is wired backwards that noise causes an issue?

Latest posts

Top Bottom