Electrical Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really think you’ll find a loose or bad connection somewhere. Could even be in the factory wiring. Every time there’s something weird like that, that’s what’s its been for me.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most LED lights use super cheap power supply components. I've had weird issues where if I put a LED in another room it causes my master bathroom lights to flicker. All of them. I pulled my work O-scope out and found the LED lights were putting all kinds of electrical noise on the main wiring which was causing issues on other LED lights.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had that happen on our bathroom lights also, it was corrosion build up on the center contact point. Turned off the lights and scraped the contact clean, also bent it out a little to make sure it was touching.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have an answer but had a light that would strobe until you turned fan on.
It finally quit working altogether. Figured I'd change the bulbs and see if it would work. Nope, it was the switch. Changed switch all 3 bulbs work. Switch on the ceiling light and the 3 bulb fixture would dim. Turn off the ceiling lights and the 3 bulb fixture would be bright.

Turn both lights on and 3 bulb fixture would dim, turn the exhaust fan on and all lights get bright.

All are bright now without the exhaust fan on. I say it's the cheap LEDs.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after trying all the great suggestions, lovely bride asks what I’m doing. After a detailed explanation she says, “let’s just get a new fixture, I don’t really like that one anyway”

So, problem solved!

I don’t think LED bulbs like me. I replaced the light on a garage door opener with LED, and discovered that the remote would not work wit it.

Any way, thank you for all the excellent suggestions, and the few less constructive ones as well.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after trying all the great suggestions, lovely bride asks what I’m doing. After a detailed explanation she says, “let’s just get a new fixture, I don’t really like that one anyway”

So, problem solved!

I don’t think LED bulbs like me. I replaced the light on a garage door opener with LED, and discovered that the remote would not work wit it.

Any way, thank you for all the excellent suggestions, and the few less constructive ones as well.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This can't be the end of the Great Puzzle. We demand answers! Sell me the old fixture and the bulbs you were using for a reasonable cost so I can dedicate the remainder of my life to solving the biggest enigma of our generation.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If it was my wife, she would pick out a $100+ light fixture so it would be an expensive venture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom