Electronic stores in Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its great for 3D films, for which it is mainly designed I think because the makers of the films were the ones pushing the technology. Instead of your sound field being linear in the normal sound 'bed' style of surround sound with all 5.1 or 7.1,2-4 of the SS speakers surrounding you, 2 (7.1,2,4 or 9.1,2) or more speakers are arranged up above you making the sound more atmospheric, its meant to accentuate or seperate stuff like rain drops, bullets flying, etc- more like stuff that is encoded in a 3D film or whatever. There are a couple hundred films encoded for it so far now. Thats how I understand it anyways.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the Pardigm branded speakers...it was the first time, I really went WTF!?!?! to a noise in the house while a movie was playing. I thought someone was really screaming/crying in the room next to me.

I would never get the cheapest...but don't have the coin for the most expensive either...I am usually in the middle. I would spend $2-3K on Speakers alone...and would be pleased greatly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom