Emergency:Chicago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night I was watching a show with my wife that basically followed the ER in a Chicago hospital for an evening. it was on Nat Geo Channel I believe. I was AMAZED at how many of the victims in there were gang related GSW victims. I would say 70% of the cases shown were GSW victims, and I explained to my wife that handguns were illegal in Chicago.

One guy they opened up and immediately the head doctor said, "forget it, see that there (pointing) thats where his left ventricle should be."

They were showing blurbs in the bottom one of which said more people died in Chicago last year as the result of GSW than in Afghanistan!

Glad we can still have our rights here in OK.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But...but...making guns illegal means there won't be any more violence, right? That's crazy. How come cities where firearms are illegal always have higher crime rates per capita then areas where firearms are legal?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the same show, I consider it leftist crap, I mean we all know that guns are illegal or heavly regulated in chicago, so it could not be true.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because illegal guns kill more people than legal guns. Illegal guns really give legal guns a bad rap.

We should give all illegal guns blanket amnesty. Make em all legal that would solve the problem.

Or we could build a fence around all the cities that have legal guns so the illegal guns cant get in.

What part of "illegal" dont these cities understand. They should deport all the illegal guns. Send em all back to where ever illegal guns come from.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was an EMT in Chicago back in the mid 80's. We weren't' having any wars at the time and I was told that the Army sent it's combat medics and surgeons to Cook County Hospital (now John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County) because it was the only place they KNEW they could get GSW training on a daily basis.

I guess some things never change.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because illegal guns kill more people than legal guns. Illegal guns really give legal guns a bad rap.

We should give all illegal guns blanket amnesty. Make em all legal that would solve the problem.

Or we could build a fence around all the cities that have legal guns so the illegal guns cant get in.

What part of "illegal" dont these cities understand. They should deport all the illegal guns. Send em all back to where ever illegal guns come from.

Damn - you covered every angle in that one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom