Employers can forbid guns, a judge rules, issues an injunction against OK law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocbaud

Marksman
Reaction score
that sucks so much.

stupid stupid stupid

but like others have said, concealed means concealed. not only would i have my firearm in my locked car, it would also be in my locked glovebox. (dont want to buy a car safe)

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i could park on the side of the road instead of in our parking lot, but the company already threatened to try to have our vehicles towed for parking in the street.... they cant, but they threatened.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i could park on the side of the road instead of in our parking lot, but the company already threatened to try to have our vehicles towed for parking in the street.... they cant, but they threatened.

You employer sounds as nutty as my old one. They told us they had a right to search any vehicle you used to drive to work in. Even if you parked across the street.
People have to understand that even if this is not legal. If your employer really believes he has this right he will probably fire you if you dont allow the search. That was the policy where I used to work.
Now it will be up to you to go to court and prove you were right. Alot of folks just dont want the hassle and will allow the search.

Michael

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, now we need to get the state government to say, "Ok, you want the right to keep your employees from bringing guns onto your private property. We understand, but we now require you to be responsible for their safety to and from work since they cannot protect themselves thanks to your self-interested callous policy". I know, it won't happen but if anything ever happened to me to or from work I would be suing the crap out of my employer.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I doubt if AG will have any interest. He only acts on behalf of state government, when so requested by an official of government.

We all need to be bending our legislators ears about this thing folks. Anyone more eloquent than I want to take a stab at composing a letter for us?

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to drive by 3 Citgo stations on my way home. Business got so bad due to the boycott that they all converted to Conoco/Phillips. That was great cause one was convient and I could start stopping there again. Guess I'll just wave again when I go by.

okgr8outdrs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would seem that if the Stand Your Ground law extends our homes to our vehicles, then where our vehicles are parked should not matter.

Don't forget, OSHA tried to make it impossible to buy ammo or reloading components.

It is just unreal that Conoco/Phillips was so determined to have the ruling overturned that they would pay a team of lawyers what has to be a huge amount to find some obscure way to twist a 30 year old law to get it done.

If my company changes its policy again, I will do as I did before. It is a risk I choose to take. I just shake my head every day when I swipe my badge to get in and see the "No Weapons" sign and know that it has absolutely zero effect in keeping me safe.

If the policy changes again, that just means I can sue the company if I suffer from a gunshot on company property no matter who committed it or where they got the gun.

Kimber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...1_A1_hHeis85083
Employers can forbid guns, a judge rules

By DAVID HARPER World Staff Writer
10/6/2007
Kern said the amendments "criminally prohibit an effective method of reducing gun-related workplace injuries and cannot co-exist with federal obligations and objectives."

Effective method? Being unarmed is an effective method of self-defense? This is like the "bear spray" is "the most effective" (at least until you can shoot the bear.

Anti-gun rationales always use such warped logic. Most of these mass shootings go on until someone with a gun shows up or the killers kill themselves. Banning guns from the premises has no effect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom