Equifax Breach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok thanks.

I get an error when I try to access my equifax info (the link on their page):

"Unable to complete secure transaction

You tried to access the address https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Secure connection: fatal error (1322)

https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html

Unable to verify the website's identity (OCSP error).

The response from the online certificate validation (OCSP) server could not be validated."

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and the wife were both listed as compromised. My mother and step dad are supposedly OK.

Just opened up a Credit Karma account for both of us and then went and froze our reports. What a PIA! This **** ought to be free, it ain't like we gave them permission to keep our life history, they just do it of their own accord and they they get our stuff stolen which they basically stole themselves. Gonna look at some ID coverage now.

:grumble: :pissed:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and the wife were both listed as compromised. My mother and step dad are supposedly OK.

Just opened up a Credit Karma account for both of us and then went and froze our reports. What a PIA! This **** ought to be free, it ain't like we gave them permission to keep our life history, they just do it of their own accord and they they get our stuff stolen which they basically stole themselves. Gonna look at some ID coverage now.

:grumble: :pissed:
I never got a report back as too whether my info was compromised?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No but it will prevent you from opening any new accounts unless you unfreeze it.
Simple solution, dont borrow money.
Credit report should be called debt report.

It's bogus anyway. Way back in the day I had a car salesman bitching because we had some stuff on our report, but had great income to debt ratio and could easily afford what we were looking at. Didn't matter the report is gospel like that magic little number is all telling or something and he couldn't finance us.

My credit is now good but I could care less. If I don't pay cash for it, I don't buy it. My mortgage is all I owe and when it's gone, there ain't gonna be anymore notes with my name on them. I may get a CC just for the layer of protection it provides, but it'll be paid in full each month.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never got a report back as too whether my info was compromised?
The link you posted in post #1 tells you that. It may be bogus but I do get different results when I put in bogus names and my mother checks out good. I'm still a little skeptical that their system can return the info so fast, there's basically no wait unless they are querying while you are messing with the catcha robot crap. But once you hit the final click it comes back with it does or doesn't appear that your info is affected.

Edit: Oops. In your thread CHenry, I didn't realize we had another going.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The link you posted in post #1 tells you that. It may be bogus but I do get different results when I put in bogus names and my mother checks out good. I'm still a little skeptical that their system can return the info so fast, there's basically no wait unless they are querying while you are messing with the catcha robot crap. But once you hit the final click it comes back with it does or doesn't appear that your info is affected.
yes, I used that link but at the end it said I would receive an email...

Latest posts

Top Bottom