Ersland Attorney Talks About Using Guns In Self Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe Ersland fired his first attorney Irvin Box....and hired Friesen to handle his appeal.

This. And I know Doug personally. I would hire him in a heartbeat. If fact, if I were ever to be in a shooting (God forbid), he would be my second phone call. Man has an attention to detail that makes little old blue-haired church ladies look like unkempt heathens ...

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the CC class at H&H 7 or 8 years ago and Friesen taught most of the class. My understanding was that he also had a part in writing our CC law but I may be wrong about that. If nothing else, the guy was very entertaining. He could do his own stand up routine. He was also very sharp and informative. I still have his card in my wallet all these years later and wouldn't hesitate to call him. He is also the reason I recommend H&H for CC classes.

Irvin Box ends up with a lot of high profile cases but his record doesn't appear to be that strong. I don't hate attorneys and have some very good friends who are attorneys that I greatly respect. Box seems to epitomize many of the negative stereotypes attorneys have though. I think Ersland is a nut case and didn't help himself originally. However, maybe he is in a better state of mind now and has the right attorney to for the job.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also did my CC class with him. God forbid, but if I ever need an attorney for a gun related charge I'm calling Friesen. Seems a few years back he ran afoul of the ATF somehow and he was busted for having an unregistered machine gun. In the process they trumped up several more related charges on him. There were several articles in the paper about it. Long story short they dropped most of them and he plead to a couple of misdemeanors. He was going to p-own their a$$ in court and they knew it. They didn't want any part of him in a courtroom. Yep, that's who I'm calling. Plus he does seem to be a great guy and smart as hell.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the CC class at H&H 7 or 8 years ago and Friesen taught most of the class. My understanding was that he also had a part in writing our CC law but I may be wrong about that. If nothing else, the guy was very entertaining. He could do his own stand up routine. He was also very sharp and informative. I still have his card in my wallet all these years later and wouldn't hesitate to call him. He is also the reason I recommend H&H for CC classes.

This.

Doug Freisen is the man.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've posted this on OSA before, but it's been a while and there are a lot of new whippersnappers here so here goes:

1. Contrary to popular belief, any attorney you hire will NOT promise to get you off. It is your attorney's job to make sure your constitutional rights are not violated. It is your attorney's job to interprete the FACTS surrounding your particular situation in the best light to your position. It is NOT about your guilt or innocence. Never has been, never will be.

2. The less you say the better off you are. It is easier for your attorney to explain something you DIDN'T say than it is for him/her to explain something you DID say. (A PERFECT example of this is the fine Mr. Jerome Ersland.)

3. Life ain't fair. No good deed goes unpunished. Remember that, always.

ETA: And I say this about very, very few attorneys in the world, but Doug Friesen is worth every single penny he will charge you.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like $500 worth of shooting insurance?? A retainer isn't just to keep an attorney on call, and then you pay later, as anyone who's gone through a divorce can tell you. It's more like prepaying for a minimum number of hours, depending on your agreement. It may be Mr. Friesen is offering to represent you on the cheap, bu you'd have to ask him.

Edit: Maybe the $500 is like a Pre Paid Legal for shooting incidents?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, Friesen is doing this for nothing. I carry his card in my wallet just in case.

Not for nothing, look at all the great free publicity he is getting. Lots of trial lawyers use this tactic. It works well for them. My understanding is Doug Friesen has a well-earned great reputation.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friesen did thump BATFE, Hard. The conviction rate on federal prosecutions of that type is unbelievably high. They wanted to make an example out of him, and they couldn't. He was very close to destroying the NFR as a forensic tool in investigations. BATFE couldn't afford that, so they folded on their major prosecution. Anyone who can pull that off has earned their chops.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the link to Atty. Friesen's web site....

http://yourgunlawyer.com/

Doug’s has two options for protection:
The Basic Plan is $119 yearly for the Second Amendment Protection Plan
or the 5 year plan at $499 Second Amendment Protection Plan (savings of $96)

Both plans include the following services:

Attorney Doug Friesen on call 24/7 for any gun-related incident.
Self-incrimination prevention – you won’t have to speak to police.
Trial Prevention Services.
Full legal representation up to charges filed.
Direct email access so Doug can answer any legal questions concerning the Second Amendment.
One free hour of legal consultation on any subject.

-------------------
I've already entered his Phone # into my cell phone!

Last edited:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the link to Atty. Friesen's web site....

http://yourgunlawyer.com/

Doug’s has two options for protection:
The Basic Plan is $119 yearly for the Second Amendment Protection Plan
or the 5 year plan at $499 Second Amendment Protection Plan (savings of $96)

Both plans include the following services:

Attorney Doug Friesen on call 24/7 for any gun-related incident.
Self-incrimination prevention – you won’t have to speak to police.
Trial Prevention Services.
Full legal representation up to charges filed.
Direct email access so Doug can answer any legal questions concerning the Second Amendment.
One free hour of legal consultation on any subject.

Thanks for the info!!

Hmmmm. What do you think folks? Should I buy this coverage....or just keep his card in my wallet and hope I never have to use his services?

Latest posts

Top Bottom