Every Day Carry mod for shoulder bag/sling pack/satchel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I decided to modify a Blackhawk SERPA holster to fit in my Every Day Carry bag. Without going into too much detail I have provided pictures. I basically affixed some velcro to the back of the SERPA holster and it will stick to the inside of the back pocket or any other MOLLE system. So without further ado, here are the pics. These are in chronological order.

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164555.jpg

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164506.jpg

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164629.jpg

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164616.jpg

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164532.jpg

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164703.jpg

i41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_2012_06_12164813.jpg

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I did something similar with a Maxpedition Jumbo and a Kytac Braveheart. I can always use the holster by taking it out of the bag if I want too. I just don’t like the IWB holsters very well. I use the standard OWB Kytac as everyday wear. I didn’t screw the Velcro to the holster; I used the stick-on Velcro instead. Its been working good for about 6 months. I don’t use it everyday.
Mark

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me more about that bag.

I used to think I didn't need one, but after taking a Rapid Response/Active Shooter class last week, I'm starting to rethink that and there are so many different bags out there. :ugh2:

I don't want a great big one. Just one big enough to hold a backup pistol, maybe two or three spare mags, a spare flashlight and batteries, a folding knife, a multi-tool, a small first aid kit and maybe a bottle of water or two and perhaps a couple of powerbars or something in case I get left at a post/area for a couple of hours.

Oh! And velcro on the outside like yours is a must! I too am a collector of morale patches. :naughty:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When Jenn and I got some ink a couple of years ago our artist at eyewitness tattoo asked us what we carried after everyone else was gone after hours. He knew exactly why I was carrying a 5.11 bag for. He was cool though a fellow 1911 carrier. Jenn had spotted his piece earlier in the day when he was working on someone else.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me more about that bag.

I used to think I didn't need one, but after taking a Rapid Response/Active Shooter class last week, I'm starting to rethink that and there are so many different bags out there. :ugh2:

I don't want a great big one. Just one big enough to hold a backup pistol, maybe two or three spare mags, a spare flashlight and batteries, a folding knife, a multi-tool, a small first aid kit and maybe a bottle of water or two and perhaps a couple of powerbars or something in case I get left at a post/area for a couple of hours.

Oh! And velcro on the outside like yours is a must! I too am a collector of morale patches. :naughty:

The answer to your prayers.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/FATBOY-S-TYPE-VERSIPACK-4p49.htm

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly I think putting a gun in a bag is as bad as the purse, when you get robbed and some one snags your bag congrats you just armed the person robbing you......

Latest posts

Top Bottom