Examples of Devaluation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just hit with a prime example of devaluation of the dollar. My 2000 F250 now has a listed value greater than I paid for it TT&L when brand new. Believe me, this is not a classic but just a good, solid farm truck.

A simple and necessary object is pricing beyond what people, especially on fixed incomes like staying in the same job or retired, can afford. I am not just now seeing this but note this will end up removing vehicles from basic ownership for larger, increasing numbers of people. This will make larger numbers of people dependent upon public transport and force lower paid workers into consolidated housing. Seems like there are now plans working very well at this time. Provide pablum to the masses and remove the freedoms then restrict the pablum. Worked well in some places. Pol Pot was great with this sort of thing.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Corporations tried and mostly killed public transport in the US in the early 1900s. You’re just seeing the value of used vehicles up due to chip shortage. New cars are being flipped for more than sale.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will take more dollars to buy any asset. Especially those with an intrinsic value. The issue we are going to eventually experience is the crushing economic impact of inflation and the rate of income increasing not keeping up with exponential cost growth. Groceries have had a real cost increase of more than 50% over the past couple of years. At some point folks will not be able to afford essentials. At that point there will be a fire sale on assets so people can eat and shelter.

I was just hit with a prime example of devaluation of the dollar. My 2000 F250 now has a listed value greater than I paid for it TT&L when brand new. Believe me, this is not a classic but just a good, solid farm truck.

A simple and necessary object is pricing beyond what people, especially on fixed incomes like staying in the same job or retired, can afford. I am not just now seeing this but note this will end up removing vehicles from basic ownership for larger, increasing numbers of people. This will make larger numbers of people dependent upon public transport and force lower paid workers into consolidated housing. Seems like there are now plans working very well at this time. Provide pablum to the masses and remove the freedoms then restrict the pablum. Worked well in some places. Pol Pot was great with this sort of thing.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Corporations tried and mostly killed public transport in the US in the early 1900s. You’re just seeing the value of used vehicles up due to chip shortage. New cars are being flipped for more than sale

in America most everyone can afford a car to drive

other countries have better public transportation because few can afford a car

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will take more dollars to buy any asset. Especially those with an intrinsic value. The issue we are going to eventually experience is the crushing economic impact of inflation and the rate of income increasing not keeping up with exponential cost growth. Groceries have had a real cost increase of more than 50% over the past couple of years. At some point folks will not be able to afford essentials. At that point there will be a fire sale on assets so people can eat and shelter.
At some point folks will not be able to afford essentials
Yep, already there. Can no longer afford bacon, considering the going rate of over $8. a pound now.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
come March the UST is going to end QE and raise interest rates. last time this was attempted was 2008. what will happen when people who are highly leveraged see the collateral security loose value???

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
just wait.

you literally won't believe how much a running, gas powered, OBD II first gen or earlier vehicle will be in 20-30 years. this will be a gas powered car (hopefully you can still buy gas, it will be sold to run generators to charge ev's, and YOU probably won't be able to buy it) that won't be able to be remotely shut down using a remote signal like all cars since about Y2K. it's a perfect time for cars, when they were still mechanically simple enough to easily fix with basic parts and knowledge, but also electronic enough to tell you what's wrong with it. people will be paying unbelievably amounts of money for these cars.

like a gm j body cavalier from '94 will sell for $100,000. i'm not joking. i'm pretty sure that's where we're headed. states will begin selling only EV's very soon.

you better believe if i had the space, i would be stockpiling cars like i stockpile firearms. after cash for clunkers and the free money summer of 2020, lots and lots of good used cars will never be in good condition again. i'm not a domestic car guy, but i see those cars rising very fast in value when all the american manufacturers quit selling cars/gas cars. i'm sure they will all go the ford route eventually and realize they simply can't make a better car than japan.

when this happens all those nice, low mileage monte carlos you see cruising around will be worth a crapton. any car that was built on a common platform, sold enough units to have stockpiles of cheap parts, and is reputable will be worth a boatload of money. so think j body, f body, the 90's fords that had mazda motors (probe, taurus, focus), etc. those cars will be in extremely high demand.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just wait.

you literally won't believe how much a running, gas powered, OBD II first gen or earlier vehicle will be in 20-30 years. this will be a gas powered car (hopefully you can still buy gas, it will be sold to run generators to charge ev's, and YOU probably won't be able to buy it) that won't be able to be remotely shut down using a remote signal like all cars since about Y2K. it's a perfect time for cars, when they were still mechanically simple enough to easily fix with basic parts and knowledge, but also electronic enough to tell you what's wrong with it. people will be paying unbelievably amounts of money for these cars.

like a gm j body cavalier from '94 will sell for $100,000. i'm not joking. i'm pretty sure that's where we're headed. states will begin selling only EV's very soon.
The government can already shut down many modern cars remotely. Trudeau just proved a tyrant can ruin your life and steal everything from you, just for opposing their political positions. Society is being herded into electronic pens which are operated and controlled by our "betters", and the masses are rushing headlong into the trap without a care in the world.

Anyone who rejects this will be branded an outcast and subjected to the the threat of real violence, sanctioned and carried out by the government. We're so far down the path of our doom, that I'm not sure there's a way out of it now. :(

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah, anything that's efi and fuel/drive by wire ie doesn't have a butterfly valve actuated by a cable pulled via foot press can technically be remote shutdown. so yeah even some cars from like y2k had this tech.

and yeah those lrad heat guns are nasty. do not want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom