Exchanging an old iphone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalstrand

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well since the iphone 5 is out and my contract is up I am looking at a new phone. I don't know if it will be another iphone or if I will switch to something else yet. I do want to sell my old iphone either way. When the iphone 4 was released there were a bunch of sites that would buy old ones. I can only find a couple now so if anyone has any that would be a help.

I found one at nextworth.com which is about $100 more than anybody else I have seen. Does anybody know anything about them? I don't want to send my phone off and have them be a rip off.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly suggest you skip the 5. Apple sends out a kill code to all iphones about 2 months before the release of a new iphone. This doesn't brick the phone, but it makes it sluggish, drop calls and a have all sorts of problems that let the owner know it is time for a new iphone. I have had 2 iphones, and every single time a new one comes out, my phone starts acting up. It isn't just me. I have a friend who runs IT for a drilling company, every phone they have (over 450 lines) is an iphone. The last 2 generations of iPhones, about 2 months before the release, every phone started having various problems. Not all phones react the same, so have network issues, some have connectivity problems, cant send emails, texts are slow, etc. The first time it happened to me, I raised an eyebrow, this time I am convinced this an Apple tactic. 450 phones all in different areas can't be a coincidence.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly suggest you skip the 5. Apple sends out a kill code to all iphones about 2 months before the release of a new iphone. This doesn't brick the phone, but it makes it sluggish, drop calls and a have all sorts of problems that let the owner know it is time for a new iphone. I have had 2 iphones, and every single time a new one comes out, my phone starts acting up. It isn't just me. I have a friend who runs IT for a drilling company, every phone they have (over 450 lines) is an iphone. The last 2 generations of iPhones, about 2 months before the release, every phone started having various problems. Not all phones react the same, so have network issues, some have connectivity problems, cant send emails, texts are slow, etc. The first time it happened to me, I raised an eyebrow, this time I am convinced this an Apple tactic. 450 phones all in different areas can't be a coincidence.

Reference for "kill code"?

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apple has openly admitted that it does include kill coding in the software that will remotely delete or modify apps that are not approved by apple. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the kill code was used for other reasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom