Explain this please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Pulling some .41 mag bullets because if you seen my previous thread you would know why. Also, I’m bored and haven’t gotten a better way of pulling bullets without destroying them yet. Pliers and a reloading press seems to work well… just destroys the bullet. Pulled this one and the copper jacket stayed in the brass. That mean it had one helluva crimp or..?
C5C50EFE-AE0B-4E11-AD53-A0F15105929B.jpeg
A420C5CD-E45A-49E4-ABED-84BE24EAD5E4.jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you have been using that right hand way to much!! :cool:
That crimp does look tight from the pic. Were the bullets maybe berry's or something with a similar thin jacket?

Answered my own question berry's only makes full jacketed

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Looks like you have been using that right hand way to much!! :cool:
That crimp does look tight from the pic. Were the bullets maybe berry's or something with a similar thin jacket?

Unsure. These were given to me by @Snattlerake. Not sure who the reloader was so to be safe I’m pulling the bullets.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably a combination of the crimp, the leverage applied by the pliers, and the natural weakness in the cannelure. I'm guessing you were rocking the pliers, popped the cannelure on one side, then torqued it back the other way and opened the jacket along the cannelure like a zipper.

I would suggest trying a kinetic bullet puller if you want to save the projectiles.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple jacket separation, manually done instead of hydraulically.
Collect type puller will save you components.
Berry’s aren’t jacketed, they are a bonded type where the “jacket” is applied via electrolyzing copper bars in a solution with the lead cores.
Pulling shells down sux...........

Latest posts

Top Bottom