Exspensive stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much does stuff good enough to satisfy you cost?

2 Million dollar cars.
5000 dollar suits. I know a tailor made suit generally looks and fits better, but how much is too much? And I know guys (we all hate them ) that can walk in to Stage or somewhere pick a suit off the sale rack and look better than James Bond in his tux. (Not me)
300,000 dollar watches.
100 million dollar homes, with 300 bedrooms. I don't know 300 people I would want to spend the night at my house. Stay 'til 22:00 the get out and go to your house or a motel.
I remember Ultimate Electronics had a, what was it, $19000 tv.
Mathis Brothers had a $28,000 amoir. It's a freaking wooden closet.
Then you get in to art. Holy cow.
First edition books. I can wait until it goes to paperback, or go to the public library. I do have to admit to liking leather bindings (on the books).
Multi-million dollar athletes and entertainers. Yup free market.
I realize sometimes you want to present an image, I guess I'm to stoopid to worry about image (along with a lot of other things).
When does the quality get too high to discern? Is a Patek Phillipe really that much better than a Rolex? Or Timex? Or Casio?
The only thing I seem to have expensive taste in is wimmen. Salma and Charlize and Rhona and Cote.

School me.

WWRLB

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People with that kind of cheddar have to spend their money for tax reasons. And that's is peanuts to a lot of people. I know of a person that buys cars every year because his accountant tells him too.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had that money id buy an army of mercenaries and equipment consisting of surplus Russian armor and helicopters.........Or just more guns for my collection :P

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People with that kind of cheddar have to spend their money for tax reasons. And that's is peanuts to a lot of people. I know of a person that buys cars every year because his accountant tells him too.
Yeah but probably not Bugattis.
I get the "charge it out to my corporation" deal.
But what about us poor or not so poor unincorporated sloobs?
Besides, there are other ways to shelter it. You know neither party will touch that stuff.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had that money id buy an army of mercenaries and equipment consisting of surplus Russian armor and helicopters.........Or just more guns for my collection :P
Three tips:
Don't let Michael Dukakis drive the tanks
And learn to take off and land before buying the helicopters.
Don't advertise in Soldier of Fortune..

You might want to put the Mall Ninja on contract.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom