Eye dominance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is cross eye dominant, and she can wink both eyes. I'm right eye dominant, and can only wink my left eye, if I close my right eye, my left eye closes. If I try to open my left eye while both are closed, my right eye opens.

Anyway, she could shoot a rifle really well, caused she closed an eye. But, she couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle if she was standing on it's back with a shotgun or a pistol. She could shoot the shotgun if she closed an eye and aimed at a still target, but couldn't do the same with a handgun. She was just having all sorts of trouble with the sight picture.

I bought her a Shield, put a CT on it, and sighted it at 10 yards. Then I made her move the sight picture in her eye to fit the laser. Sorta like bore sighting a scope with a laser.

Once she figured out what the sight picture was supposed to look like, she can shoot the shield with or without the laser activated.

Just a thought. It worked for her.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm blind in the right eye and left handed, after an injury to the left wrist I became right hand dominate with pistols. See if you can find any reference to the "Quell shooting stance", it helped me with the cross eye thing.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still remember my grampas words right before my first shot with a 22 "you're not left handed" lol well we learned what eye dominance was soon after left eye/right hand I just shoot lefty with guns or pool lol but on a serious note I've been meaning to try shooting righty any tips?

Latest posts

Top Bottom