Tuesday morning meetup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a Benelli Montefeltro 20 ga to a lawyer years ago, and for some reason I can’t remember, we met on the side of the highway outside of Henderson Texas. As we’re chit chatting, the guy pulls three shells out of his pocket and starts loading the gun, and he says “do you mind if I try it out?” I’m thinking since it’s already loaded I guess not. The guy fires off three shots across the highway into a field and says “yep, I’ll take it.” He pays me, and we both get in our trucks and leave.
I'm gonna have to try that next time I buy something in the city.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can go both ways on this. I really hate when guys grab a rifle and start aiming it at traffic, or buildings, etc. "Don't point it at something you don't intend to shoot" - My dad's words ring in my ears every time. Point it at the tree tops, the dirt, the sky, anything but people level.
From where I was, I could see what they were doing, and they weren’t aiming it at traffic. Also, the guys who were looking through the scope were anal about gun safety.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Quiet down, Karen, or I will jack you up!"

My deals have been mostly at Academy or Atwood’s. Large lot and not close to store.
I bought one, met seller at the car wash.
F-i-L was with me, didn't know why we were at car wash.
About half way home, he says, "you buy guns in the car wash parking lot?"

"Yep, they're cheaper there."

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure they can take the gun and run the numbers without probable cause. I know that officers here twice ran SDA permit holders' serial numbers over simple traffic violations. They were told by the chief to stop doing it.
Because that is a civil rights violation per Dewain Reeves who helped write the Oklahoma SDA.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No law was broken selling a weapon in front of the store or lady.
It's not about it being legal or illegal, it's about avoiding having a scared old lady turning a quick meeting into a colossal waste of time by getting the cops involved. If she calls and if they respond, there's not jack they can do about it, but it will take time while they sort it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom