Eye glasses help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My results are the same I must wipe my nose sides and the glasses nose pieces to keep oil off of them.

My shirts i wear are double rinsed in the wash and No fabric softeners.
Usually free and clear detergent.
Must keep the oils off my skin clothes and glasses.
Glasses suck for the most part.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ideas to help glasses from sliding down?

Maybe some nonslip nose pads or ?
The glasses I wear sit directly on my nose ie. without the little clear nose pads. When I notice they start sliding down my nose more I take baking soda, make a little paste out of it with some water and gently scrub them with the paste. Very gently, baking soda is an abrasive, then rinse with water. It's the same thing with my cpap mask...it makes it slightly tacky again and stays put on my face.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing that worked best for me was going to high-index polycarbonate lenses (which have their own issues but are lighter), smaller lenses (also lighter), semi-rimless frames (lighter), and the super-flexible metal (titanium, I think) frames (lighter)--basically, as the old race car designer put it, "add lightness." Combined with silicone nose pads and having the optometrist get the fit right, I rarely have trouble with my glasses slipping, even when I was haying. (There was one day when I was haying that I drank three or four liters of water and didn't have to pee once, so you know I was sweating profusely.)

One of the fun aspects of high-index polycarbonate lenses is color shifting. Not just color changing (though I can get some red- and blue-shifting on straight verticals by turning my head), but actually displacing certain colors horizontally. F'rinstance, when I'm a fair distance from a stoplight (maybe a quarter mile or more), if I turn my head slightly, it makes the green (or red) light look like it's hanging out in space beside the actual light housing. It's the damnedest thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom