Facebook Market Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are honest and a person of your word doesn't mean others are the same. Its frustrating that integrity seems to be for sale.

I thought I had a deal made on a car all last week and pick up would be Saturday. Saturday came and the person changed the price to 4k higher. They did at least ask if I wanted it at that price. No, no I do not becky because that is not how I do business. There, I think I'm done venting. People in my line of work are still normal people. A little weird but yet normal. :)

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If you are honest and a person of your word doesn't mean others are the same. Its frustrating that integrity seems to be for sale.

I thought I had a deal made on a car all last week and pick up would be Saturday. Saturday came and the person changed the price to 4k higher. They did at least ask if I wanted it at that price. No, no I do not becky because that is not how I do business. There, I think I'm done venting. People in my line of work are still normal people. A little weird but yet normal. :)
This is why you gotta be quick, market place is fickle to get a deal, you better have the money ready and a plan to get it.

People forget a lot it seems. I don't haggle but I also don't pay more than retail. Used to be a lego collector and used all those things to amass a yuge collection.

Far as a man's word, yeah in your world it did, mine it started to fade away for a while...its coming back.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a hay trailer listed on Marketplace, and a guy contacted me last week about buying it. He asked for my bottom dollar price, and I told him to make me an offer. He did, and I accepted. Then, the guy wanted me to deliver it, and I told him I would meet him but wasn’t willing to drive too far for the price he was paying. We were scheduled to meet up on Saturday, and I ended up having to wait over an hour on him. When he finally got there, he started trying to renegotiate the price. I got the deal done, but it pissed me off that he got me an hour and a half from home and started trying to renegotiate.

I’m of the opinion that 75% of people are just straight @ssholes, and the other 25% have @sshole tendencies that can surface at any time. I used to buy, sell, and trade a lot, but in the last 10 years or so, I’d about rather haul stuff to the dump than try to sell it and deal with people. Saturday’s deal just reenforced this.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a hay trailer listed on Marketplace, and a guy contacted me last week about buying it. He asked for my bottom dollar price, and I told him to make me an offer. He did, and I accepted. Then, the guy wanted me to deliver it, and I told him I would meet him but wasn’t willing to drive too far for the price he was paying. We were scheduled to meet up on Saturday, and I ended up having to wait over an hour on him. When he finally got there, he started trying to renegotiate the price. I got the deal done, but it pissed me off that he got me an hour and a half from home and started trying to renegotiate.

I’m of the opinion that 75% of people are just straight @ssholes, and the other 25% have @sshole tendencies that can surface at any time. I used to buy, sell, and trade a lot, but in the last 10 years or so, I’d about rather haul stuff to the dump than try to sell it and deal with people. Saturday’s deal just reenforced this.
yep that just pisses you off. i usually sell more than fair so they can drive or forget it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep. FB marketplace is the sewer of online sales and FB is the sewer of social media. I’ve only had 1 bad experience here on OSA and been doing deals off and on since 2006. @Gunbuffer tried to steal a Glock 26 but I shot his pecker off. I think he might have transitioned since then anyway. 😂 Nah, seriously, this is the best place for deals anywhere I’ve found.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just get back in the vehicle and leave. Life is to short to…

Latest posts

Top Bottom