Facebook Market Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have done quite well at that.
The Formica i got from you worked excellent in my crack house. Matched the free porcelain tile I used as a back splash in the kitchen.
Before and after pictures.
View attachment 401856

View attachment 401857

No way you could have matched that formica counter top and that tile that close ever again for free stuff.
I have a lot of friends here and off the sight that donate free stuff as much as I donate free stuff.

I still have some cabinet doors of various sizes for free.
Some large wood spools for free also here in Yukon.

Oh! Wooden spools?!?!?! Like the kind you can clean up and buy some bar stools to sit around it with on the patio?? 🤔🤔🤔

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya! I used to make side money buying/flipping/trading things a lot. Id buy motorcycles/vehicles cheap that needed work, fix em and sell for a profit. Did it all the time before Facebook marketplace was a thing, it was all craigslist and eBay.

But nowadays, there really is something off with people when buying and selling things online. It has become such a PITA to deal with people I hate selling anything. No more little side-money gig flipping things for me.

That being said, I’ve sold a few things on here and have no complaints about that

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just get back in the vehicle and leave. Life is to short to…

Had an azzhat try that, shows up an hour late and is $100 short.

I say, "the deal was $xxxx, you knew it. Are you a professional azzhole or still training?" I got in truck and left him calling me back, that he "found" the $100.

Sold it to an honest buyer, at asking, the next day, with no delivery.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't complain - had pretty good luck with FB marketplace. I have a FB account ONLY because the prescribed burn association in the county where our property resides uses it exclusively to communicate with members. I have no 'followers' or anything - just visit their page and marketplace.

That said, I just bought a trailer from a guy last week. Been looking for a 6' inside width utility trailer and found one with a great price. Sent him a private reply. Said he had 2 people coming over Sat morning but if I drove up Fri night then it's mine. He didn't exactly sell it out from under another person since no cash had changed hands but still a little bit shady.

I do feel that it's going to be replaced soon with another similar service since you just don't find the deals anymore like you used to. Much like Craigslist - years ago you could find steals but these sites are so automated that resellers are getting notifications as soon as something is posted so they can be the first bidders(sound familiar or maybe why some don't get a chance at postings here?).

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are honest and a person of your word doesn't mean others are the same. Its frustrating that integrity seems to be for sale.

I thought I had a deal made on a car all last week and pick up would be Saturday. Saturday came and the person changed the price to 4k higher. They did at least ask if I wanted it at that price. No, no I do not becky because that is not how I do business. There, I think I'm done venting. People in my line of work are still normal people. A little weird but yet normal. :)
Attitudes change! I have read accounts of men being sentenced to hang, and being released to get their affares in order, on THEIR WORD, and then showing up for their own hanging!!! Can you imagine anyone releasing a death row inmate on their word to return for their own execution, or anyone that would actually show up voluntarily to be executed, now days?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. We've started donating our stuff to Goodwill, etc. instead of bothering with a garage sale.

When my Mom died, I had Salvation Army bring a truck and donated a houseful of furniture,appliances, clothes,etc. Didn't want to mess with a garage sale or auction. Not going to mess with stupid people...

Latest posts

Top Bottom