Fact Sheet from whitehouse.gov on tomorrow's actions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted this in the General Discus as well, delete if needed.

Here's the skinny on tomorrows actions.

High points:

Use Dr.s against us.
Gun Trusts to be scrutinized
Sell a handful of firearms, you're a dealer..

Hold onto your hats fellers..

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, this is crap might sound good on paper, but since there are no real definitions of what constitutes being "in the business of selling arms" is, there's no real way to enforce that particular piece. I expect the NRA to have an injunction in place before the week it out anyway. By the time that injunction and following legal mess gets heard in the Supreme Court, Obama will be out of office and the executive actions will be "unsigned"

or they will determine (rightfully) that the EO's have no teeth and infringe on the rights of US citizens.

Either way these EO's won't stick.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the licensure requirement. But it is important to note that even a few transactions, when combined with other evidence, can be sufficient to establish that a person is “engaged in the business.” For example, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors also were present.

This part^^^^^ scares me. I can see how this could be easily abused.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, this is crap might sound good on paper, but since there are no real definitions of what constitutes being "in the business of selling arms" is, there's no real way to enforce that particular piece. I expect the NRA to have an injunction in place before the week it out anyway. By the time that injunction and following legal mess gets heard in the Supreme Court, Obama will be out of office and the executive actions will be "unsigned"

or they will determine (rightfully) that the EO's have no teeth and infringe on the rights of US citizens.

Either way these EO's won't stick.

I sincerely hope you are right. From your mouth to God's ears.
:)

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my favorite part.

"Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the licensure requirement."

One would think this should be more clear.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the licensure requirement. But it is important to note that even a few transactions, when combined with other evidence, can be sufficient to establish that a person is “engaged in the business.” For example, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors also were present.

This part^^^^^ scares me. I can see how this could be easily abused.
I saw it too, and it scared me as well with its potential for abuse.
I hope the NRA / GOA asks for an injunction on it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw it too, and it scared me as well with its potential for abuse.
I hope the NRA / GOA asks for an injunction on it.

They already have it drafted. This is the perfect example of why gun owners should support the NRA. Even if you don't believe in everything they do or stand for, when it comes to crackpot polititians playing loose and fast with our gun rights, the NRA is there to say "not so fast, bub!"

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From the severely limited experience that I have with legal Definitions and translation, this scares the **** out of me. I know this and the other bill won't stick or pass but there's a lot of commotion regarding guns right now... Not worried about this, worried about the future.... Good thing I lost all mine in a boating accident.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those dumb f***kers in the government haven't got a lick of sense and couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. I can't believe
we have such a bunch of fools running this country. It just gets worse day by day. Sad to see what this country has become in the last few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom