Fact Sheet from whitehouse.gov on tomorrow's actions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Your doctor will have the ability to report you to the FBI if , in their professional opinion, you are mentally unstable.

In other words, if you are not polite to your doctor, they can take away your ability to ever own a firearm again.

I can see doctors coming under pressure to report X number of people as mentally unstable. Don't think you need to TELL them you are unstable, they can just decide, in their professional judgement, that you are mentally unstable.

So, if your doctor feels that people of a certain race or color should not own firearms, guess what? They won't say a word to you, but.....

Next time you go to buy a firearm, surprise!
:)

Oh wow. Just wow.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Your doctor will have the ability to report you to the FBI if , in their professional opinion, you are mentally unstable.

In other words, if you are not polite to your doctor, they can take away your ability to ever own a firearm again.

I can see doctors coming under pressure to report X number of people as mentally unstable. Don't think you need to TELL them you are unstable, they can just decide, in their professional judgement, that you are mentally unstable.

So, if your doctor feels that people of a certain race or color should not own firearms, guess what? They won't say a word to you, but.....

Next time you go to buy a firearm, surprise!
:)

What about current HEPA laws that are supposed to keep your medical records confidential?

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, THAT was QUICK! O makes it sound like he came up with this over fruitcake and eggnog but it's obvious this has been in the planning for a long time.

He's been studying this for a long, long time and I can't help but wonder if he had directed these kind of resources toward Islamic extremism - could San Bernardino been stopped before it began?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about current HEPA laws that are supposed to keep your medical records confidential?

HA! I almost spewed Diet Coke all over my monitor when I read this. have you ever read the HIPAA disclosure your medical provider hands out? It basically says they can't tell the 6 O'clock News about your medical history. After that, it's pretty much up for grabs to anyone who may benefit from it, including .gov agencies.

About the only thing more laughable than HIPAA is the .gov's "Whistleblower Protection Act". :(

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HA! I almost spewed Diet Coke all over my monitor when I read this. have you ever read the HIPAA disclosure your medical provider hands out? It basically says they can't tell the 6 O'clock News about your medical history. After that, it's pretty much up for grabs to anyone who may benefit from it, including .gov agencies.

About the only thing more laughable than HIPAA is the .gov's "Whistleblower Protection Act". :(
Glad I could amuse you with my ignorance.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those freaking out of the lack of definition of "doing business" - it's outline in the "Do I need a license yada yada yada" link above:

Under federal law, a person engaged in the business of dealing in firearms is a per-
son who “devotes time, attention and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course
of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the
repetitive purchase and resale of firearms

Under federal law, conducting business “with the principal objective of livelihood
and profit” means that “the intent underlying the sale or disposition of firearms is
predominantly one of obtaining livelihood and pecuniary gain,as opposed to other
intents, such as improving or liquidating a personal firearms collection.
”

Consistent with this approach, federal law explicitly exempts persons “who make
occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a
personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection
of firearms.”

Make your livelihood by selling guns? you need an FFL.

Just shuffling your personal collection around? you do NOT need an FFL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom