Fake Elk Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Moderators, if this isn't allowed please delete.
I understand Caddo County has a suspect in custody for some bogus Elk hunts in SW Oklahoma. The news has not released a name as of yet, but I am trying to find out who is in custody? The reasons are two fold. First I fear he is a relative of mine and may have tried to drop some of the hunters on my Dads property. Second, I have at least 2 people up here in NW Oklahoma that have come to me asking information about said relative and how to contact him to receive refunds.

Any information will be appreciated.

And again if this isn't allowed, please delete.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't tell his story, but we have issues in the NC part of the state with goose/duck hunters getting clients from across the country to come in, and not having permission to be on the land they are hunting on.
If he wants to tell the story, I'll leave it up to him.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW that is taking a huge risk on getting someone killed.
Never thought someone would even have thought of a scam like that. Amazing.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't tell his story, but we have issues in the NC part of the state with goose/duck hunters getting clients from across the country to come in, and not having permission to be on the land they are hunting on.
If he wants to tell the story, I'll leave it up to him.

I know of an operation that has done this, wonder if it's the same outfit

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of those Craigslist outfitters eh?

Not all of them are bad but there are some real "winners" in the outfitting world posting on that site.

Quick question, any of you locals have problems with out of state snow goose guides/outfitters? Here in Nebraska spring snow goose hunting is huge and they flood our state. They are a real PITA to the local hunters, think they own the damn place. Its so bad I have honestly considered reporting plates to our Dept of Revenue as I know damn good and well they aren't paying income tax here and legally they should be!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom