Fallon, Dorman or ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please don't vote for a "republican" or a "democrat". It it time we started putting some thought into finding the one that will do the best, in this case, for our state. The straight ballot voting has got us into this OU vs. Texas mindset. We need voters that will think, study, and vote for the best person. It will take time to kill the my side - your side thinking, but if we don't do it, we will never get this mess corrected. And I hate to say it, but that may mean that the best person for the position may not have the best NRA grade. One party and single issue voters are killing us.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that both houses are R controlled still. He won't be doing much without their help.

Thank God! But he does have serious skills in the "gas filled dome" way of doing things. In other words he's a good bull$hitter. Just look at how many here have bought into his BS. If this thread (at this point) is an indicator he has it locked up solid.

Mary may not be a good choice, but she's the better choice of the two. And there are only two, Dorman and Fallin. Anyone else just may as well not be there. If people want things fixed, let's fix the Oklahoma primary system and let other parties on the ballot.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank God! But he does have serious skills in the "gas filled dome" way of doing things. In other words he's a good bull$hitter. Just look at how many here have bought into his BS. If this thread (at this point) is an indicator he has it locked up solid.

Mary may not be a good choice, but she's the better choice of the two. And there are only two, Dorman and Fallin. Anyone else just may as well not be there. If people want things fixed, let's fix the Oklahoma primary system and let other parties on the ballot.

Call me crazy but having both houses in a bicameral legislature and the governor with the same party is bad news regardless of which party it is. Gridlock is fantastic. Wish we had gridlock when ACA was rammed through congress with one party controlling the show.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree with this 100%.

As for voting for the best, there has not been a best in many decades in part because everyone huddles under the two parties and has to go along with the party on most issues no matter if they agree or not. This is why I want the Tea Party to split off and the libertarians to grow some balls. Make more choices and things will get better, just do not expect a savior because in the end they are all just politicians.

I do not vote for the Republican candidate in most cases, I vote against the Democrat. That will include Obama's Doormat, I mean Doorman.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way would I vote for a democrat. I like Fallin and like Baressi too. Baressi gave the education establishment fits and they deserved it. Hated to see her lose.
Anyway things won't change much no matter who gets in. That's politics.

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I'm still on the fence about it. There are a lot of things I don't like about Fallin, but all in all, I think our state is a pretty damn good place to live. I'd like to see someone better staying at the governor's mansion, but I just don't know if Dorman would be a step forward. If it's going to be a case of getting Fallin out just to take a step sideways, I'd rather that step not be to the left. Dorman may not seem like the most liberal Democrat when he talks, but you know what they say about politicians when their lips are moving. If he does want to take a more conservative stance, he sure could have done a better job choosing a team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom