Favorite gun that you never shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda in line with guns you regret...do you have a gun you REALLY like, but never shoot for whatever reason?

I'd say about 20% of my collection are "safe queens" that I rarely shoot...and a handfull I may never shoot again but wont sell either.

I think the tops of mine is an older Winchester 70 in 30-06. Beautiful older gun but I cant think of a reason to take it out to shoot over my new 700 or M1A....so in the safe it sits.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moms old winchester 94. Bought new in 81, handed down to me when her R.A. would not let her handle the recoil anymore. Ive shot it some, but for the most part I just pull it out of the safe from time to time and contemplate refinishing it or not. Then I say nahhh she has earned her patina.
IMG_09961.jpg

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
94 Winchester 30-30. Made in 1952 and given to me by my godfather a few years ago, he shot first deer with it and thought it better off with me than the estate. Beautiful rifle that sits in the safe.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a 12 ga. SXS muzzle loading shotgun that I love to shoot, but the clean-up is a mess. Its so much fun to pull the trigger on a dove, watch it disappear in the smoke, and watch it fall from below the cloud of smoke. When they are coming in hot and heavy, its tough to reload fast enough. LOL.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I don't shoot 'em, I don't keep 'em.

This is why I've been paring down my collection. Why leave the money tied up in what is essentially a marginal investment with much better options out there? That having been said, I do still have a couple of safe queens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom