Few I recently finished up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a really nice looking knife there. One I’d be proud to carry. 👍🏻
Thanks, it’ll probably be sold off and another made later lol. It’s thin AEBL stainless with a thick enough handle to still be comfortable enough to actually use.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I recently finished a project I've been working on for a while when time allows a homemade forge press. I got around to making the 1st set of die for it just some 8" flattening die. Any way I wanted to try making something on it so I made a 15n20 clad 80crv2 San Mai billet. The forge weld turned out perfect, however I was wanting a stronger contrast between the steels. Any way the knife turned out solid but with less pop than I was wanting.

this one is 15n20/80crv2 laminated (San Mai) Contruction nothing fancy just a simple sturdy knife. with some Osage scales heated up with the torch just a tad. Sheath has a little experimenting also I never hand carve on a sheath cause I'm not very good at it, but since it was all an experiment I did a little hand carved deer skull, not very well placed but wanted to do it anyway.
20230430_192903.jpg
20230430_192922.jpg
20230430_192805.jpg
Like it alot!

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to bevel the front of the scales so it will slide in a sheath easier.
I believe what you meant to say was " You should try tapering the front of the scales". which they have a slight taper and rounded off facing edges and it slides in its sheath just fine. There is just enough swell to the front of the handle that it aids in retention without being difficult to get in or out of a sheath.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe what you meant to say was " You should try tapering the front of the scales". which they have a slight taper and rounded off facing edges and it slides in its sheath just fine. There is just enough swell to the front of the handle that it aids in retention without being difficult to get in or out of a sheath.
No just round them slightly will work.

bullseyeblack

House fire survivor!
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where can we purchase any of your work

Latest posts

Top Bottom