Finally bought my carry gun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by Dong's today, just to look around, after picking up my CCW at the sheriff's office. They had a P238 Equinox in the case, and the price was pretty reasonable considering what I've seen around town. Anyway, I made the mistake of picking it up and testing the trigger. Ten minutes later I walked out with the pistol and a box of Pow'rball. Got it home and ran some Remington ball and one mag of the Pow'rball. Bottom line, you will have to pry this one from my cold dead hands. Good trigger, great sights, not too heavy and I couldn't feel hardly any recoil. And it's a pretty little thing to boot. After my LCP this felt like shooting a Buckmark! I was a little leary after some of the things I've read about these, but I think they worked out any kinks. This one was dated 23Apr10. If I run into any problems I'll post'em, but I don't think it'll happen.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definately glad you found a decent deal on one especially at dongs. and also train, train, train with that weapon and get a good holster for it. i shoot my daily carry gun more than anything else.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the Sig. It's on my ever-expanding "short" list for a primary CCW. I guess I'll have to sell my Kahr CW45 to fund it.

Good service at Dongs? What is this world coming to?

By the way, this thread sucks without pics.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the Sig. It's on my ever-expanding "short" list for a primary CCW. I guess I'll have to sell my Kahr CW45 to fund it.

Good service at Dongs? What is this world coming to?

By the way, this thread sucks without pics.

Thanks! Once I figure out how to post pics I'll show it off. Went with Dong's this time since they had it in stock and the price was close to the lowest I'd seen around town ($629). Only $10 more than the rosewood model. OPS quoted $749 for the equinox. Now I'm looking into reloading since this thing's such a good shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom