Finally closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP, congrats on the sale. If you had a buyer backout just before closing they should have had deposit they would lose. We just closed on our home on a 60 day escrow. I believe at about the 16 day mark into escrow if the buyers backed out we would have retained their $46K deposit.

And someone here jsut mentioned they make a deal on a home on a handshake. I wouldn't advise that at all.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm glad it's finished for you and you can catch your breath before the next set of worries begin. I'm right behind you in the process. Good luck!
When I first saw this thread title I thought it was going to be your closing announced already.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OP, congrats on the sale. If you had a buyer backout just before closing they should have had deposit they would lose. We just closed on our home on a 60 day escrow. I believe at about the 16 day mark into escrow if the buyers backed out we would have retained their $46K deposit.

And someone here jsut mentioned they make a deal on a home on a handshake. I wouldn't advise that at all.
Maybe in CA you will get to keep earnest but the Realtors I know and the person I asked at the title company said you will be hard pressed to keep it these days. Besides the earnest money was only $5k. Congrats on your closing BTW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom