Is this something to be Concerned with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deal I see is this- the state kind of let it be a wide-open deal for while- everywhere you look or hear about has some weed growing- lot of foreign outfits buying up semi-rural property to grow it. Now that they have collected a lot of money in fees and permits, built another bureaucrat agency to police it and collect fines, many of these smaller growers are being closed down. This allows the larger ones who are smart enough to pay legal professionals to help keep the law off their back to get even bigger. You are correct though in the commits that many of the folks dealing with this stuff could care less about being good and normal folks. The criminal element around this stuff is increasing the crime even in far rural locations. It makes me wonder now if the larger growers left in business are able to exist because they make pretty good political contributions.?

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke to Scott Fetgetter rep 16 dist. Hes the guy they gave the chore of writing the policy for pot. He said that when a petition is passed the legislature has to follow it as written. I said well you guys didnt do much to try an sway the vote or even educate people on the hazzards of pot. I figgured they would use some of that tobbaco settlement money or maybe the opioid settlement money because we will have the same issues with pot but nobody to sue. I think they just saw $$$$ and went along. One more thing while in on this box, I didnt see any tax cuts after the state received all this extra income.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
We really just need to ban country music and enforce a cap on how many dispensaries you can have in an area. Country music is campaigning for the devils lettuce, and too many dispensaries cost out government too much to enforce laws and taxes. Limiting the number of dispensaries will save the government money and in in the end help increase the tax profits going into whatever politicians pockets they are landing in.

And make it recreational for christs sake. We all know that most people who use it are using it for recreational purposes anyways.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma has to be #1 at something.
We're working at being #1 at worst drivers in the nation. #4 currently.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/ok-has-the-4th-worst-drivers-in-the-nation.357920/
Then, there's always this:

OKLAHOMA RANKED HIGHEST IN US FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FOR MEN & WOMEN​

https://www.news9.com/story/64dea02...ked highest,resulted in almost 1,000 arrests.
We're third in fat people. Shopping at Walmart it appears we're on our way to #1 in that, too.
https://www.kosu.org/health/2023-09-27/oklahoma-ranks-third-in-adult-obesity-prevalence-per-cdc

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
…… & OK is #1 of the 50 states for tick density, ie # of TICKS per acre
……..& OK is #1 of the 50 states for having the most species of TICKS
( thread’s now gone sideways, best we can hope for is the ticks get so high from THC loaded blood meals, that they self limit due to loss of ambition ) …… ( wow, I just thought, worst case scenario is the ticks get the munchies, & suck us dry )

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
…… & OK is #1 of the 50 states for tick density, ie # of TICKS per acre
……..& OK is #1 of the 50 states for having the most species of TICKS
( thread’s now gone sideways, best we can hope for is the ticks get so high from THC loaded blood meals, that they self limit due to loss of ambition ) …… ( wow, I just thought, worst case scenario is the ticks get the munchies, & suck us dry )
No worries here, klaus schwab and the WEF is working on a breakfast cereal made from ticks.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the light of what tax breaks we should be seeing since we now have revenue for weed. I lived in Texas for a number of years and sure there is no income tax or tax on prescriptions or groceries, but the property taxes are a lot more. IE - $100000 home in San Antonio will run about $5500 a year in taxes. Is this less or more than Oklahoma where we have income tax and sales tax on almost everthing? Property tax on a $100000 home in Edmond- Norman or Yukon might run about $2000. Rural areas might see property taxes at half the rate of larger cities. Oklahoma has been floating the idea of stopping the tax on groceries and prescriptions, but I can almost bet they will find ways to make up for them. Once they have you use to paying tax, they hate to not collect them. We got liquor by the drink passed with a promise it would help schools- horse racing- same thing- weed just another good deal to help. All I see is it gives the politicians more money to poop off.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My property tax went up 50% this year. That weed saved me, for sure.
My property tax, per year, is what I paid per month in Texas, save valuation on property.
Sales tax is close to 10%, $60 - $80 per month (approximately, $750 - $1000 per year) as stated above, politicians don't give up $$$ they are stealing. A use tax is the fairest tax, hits EVERYBODY equally. Doesn't negate the goobermint waste and corruption. We had a little party to celebrate this, about 250 years ago. It may be getting time to plan another party.
We have income tax, Texas doesn't. There are still 113 other taxes being stolen. Too much, especially when considering what we benefit from those stolen $$$$.

Latest posts

Top Bottom