Is this something to be Concerned with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
In the light of what tax breaks we should be seeing since we now have revenue for weed. I lived in Texas for a number of years and sure there is no income tax or tax on prescriptions or groceries, but the property taxes are a lot more. IE - $100000 home in San Antonio will run about $5500 a year in taxes. Is this less or more than Oklahoma where we have income tax and sales tax on almost everthing? Property tax on a $100000 home in Edmond- Norman or Yukon might run about $2000. Rural areas might see property taxes at half the rate of larger cities. Oklahoma has been floating the idea of stopping the tax on groceries and prescriptions, but I can almost bet they will find ways to make up for them. Once they have you use to paying tax, they hate to not collect them. We got liquor by the drink passed with a promise it would help schools- horse racing- same thing- weed just another good deal to help. All I see is it gives the politicians more money to poop off.
My in-laws live in Wylie tx. The house was built in 09. They bought it in 2011. It’s about 2300 feet and they were paying 6k in 2011. I can only imagine that it’s gone up from there.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife’s best friend lives with us temporarily. She was beat by her ex-fiancé. They ran a legal grow operation together and smoke weed every day. Now she lives with me in a place that she can’t consume or even possess marijuana. The myth about it not being addictive is just that. It’s a myth. Also while she was there running the previously mentioned grow there were so many nefarious characters or clients around. I visited several times to see how the business was progressing. I was genuinely happy for them. From a first hand perspective I can tell you a grow operation and weed in general is bad. It might generate a lot of tax dollars and has created a niche in the economy but at what cost?
For the record:
I am anti marijuana and anti alcohol.
Anti any type of non prescribed medication from a real doctor not from a weed doctor quake. The word medicinal as it’s applied to local marijuana is bs.
Just say no.
My mom was the same way, and just as big a junkie as any street creature. As long as it had a script label it was legit. If the last few years haven’t drawn back the curtains on Big Pharma for you then nothing I say can make a difference.

I’m getting tired of everywhere I go smelling like spilled bong water and standing in lines behind people who can’t remember their own name much less what they’re in line for.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m so glad that I stopped listening to country music when I was in my early teens. I had no idea that I’d come so close to becoming addicted to sin spinach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom