Finally getting around to boiling my big spike from last year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if that tooth wear really is a close ID of age.
Lets say you got your deer in the dry western part of the state.
Eating sage brush or things that are harder to chew.
VS the deer in the lush green grassy areas.

Just something I just thought of in my head.
How about the water they drink?
Does one area have more Fluoride.
I should quit thinking about trivial things.
Oklahoma

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if that tooth wear really is a close ID of age.
Lets say you got your deer in the dry western part of the state.
Eating sage brush or things that are harder to chew.
VS the deer in the lush green grassy areas.

Just something I just thought of in my head.
How about the water they drink?
Does one area have more Fluoride.
I should quit thinking about trivial things.
Oklahoma
I’ve read some stuff saying it’s not as accurate as we’ve been led to believe for the exact reasons you stated. My ultimate hunting goal is to kill mature (at least 5.5) bucks off my place, so I study a bucks traits before I pull the trigger. After I pull the trigger, a deer’s age is kind of irrelevant, since it won’t be getting any older at that point.

I’ve thought “catch and release” deer hunting would be interesting. I’d love to be able to hunt a buck with a dart gun, take my glamour shot, and have the opportunity to hunt him again next year.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve read some stuff saying it’s not as accurate as we’ve been led to believe for the exact reasons you stated. My ultimate hunting goal is to kill mature (at least 5.5) bucks off my place, so I study a bucks traits before I pull the trigger. After I pull the trigger, a deer’s age is kind of irrelevant, since it won’t be getting any older at that point.

I’ve thought “catch and release” deer hunting would be interesting. I’d love to be able to hunt a buck with a dart gun, take my glamour shot, and have the opportunity to hunt him again next year.
Are you going on a diet??

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I practice “catch & release “……. I like to catch them coming off the grill and release them onto my plate right next to the potatoes and gravy

Latest posts

Top Bottom