My turn- Neighbor borrowed my riding mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's one's personal responsibility to know the difference between helping someone or being taken advantage of. One gets what one allows.....even from one's government. Haven't shot any politicians in close to 247 years, and that is why we get what we get from those jackals.
Not actually true, though. Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley & Kennedy x2 for examples. Several more attempts just on Presidents. Was a state congress critter in (Wisconsin?) recently, too.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate borrowing, and I get screwed every single time I loan something. I loaned a 2” transfer pump to a friend to use to drain his swimming pool. It ran great when I took it to him, and after a year and a half, I finally got it back and can’t get it to crank.
My brother borrowed my 5’ bush hog in April. I needed to use it a couple weeks ago, and he told me he hasn’t used it yet but still needs it. Basically, he wasn’t giving my mower back until he’s good and dang ready.
Yep....I too have learned the hard way as well as I learn from my friend's mistakes ....Neither a borrower nor lender be....is my motto. If you need to borrow my trailer or anything else you just need to know it comes with me. I'm glad to help but you have to put up with me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate borrowing, and I get screwed every single time I loan something. I loaned a 2” transfer pump to a friend to use to drain his swimming pool. It ran great when I took it to him, and after a year and a half, I finally got it back and can’t get it to crank.
Here’s a funny/not so funny twist to the above story. The guy that borrowed the transfer pump texted me on Wednesday to see if I wanted to ride out to his deer lease with him on Saturday (yesterday), and I said yes. He texted me on Friday to see if I could bring the transfer pump and a tote to haul water out to their deer lease camp, and I told him the pump wasn’t running and I got rid of the tote.
Guess who never heard from the guy again about going to the deer lease yesterday…:scratch:

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make is a practice to try and never borrow anything from anyone. IF I do, I return it in same or better shape then I received it. I also make sure to never let someone borrow something that I can not afford to not get back.
I have a relative that I love dearly and have helped out many times, even since the following situation.
About 15 years ago when I lived in Illinois, I let them borrow a brand new Honda mower that I just bought so they could mow their yard. A couple hours later they called to let me know they hit something in the yard and bent the shaft on the new mower. Said they were sorry but never offered to replace or compensate us. I had to go out an buy another lawn mower the next day.
Some people are just not cut from the same cloth.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s a funny/not so funny twist to the above story. The guy that borrowed the transfer pump texted me on Wednesday to see if I wanted to ride out to his deer lease with him on Saturday (yesterday), and I said yes. He texted me on Friday to see if I could bring the transfer pump and a tote to haul water out to their deer lease camp, and I told him the pump wasn’t running and I got rid of the tote.
Guess who never heard from the guy again about going to the deer lease yesterday…:scratch:

You should text him tomorrow and ask him if he got everything done and ready cuz the first day out you'd like to join him. 🤗😉😂😂😂

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should text him tomorrow and ask him if he got everything done and ready cuz the first day out you'd like to join him. 🤗😉😂😂😂
The thing is I really didn’t want to go anyway. My wife tells me I need friends, so I agree to do stuff with other people even though I had just as soon spend the day with my dogs and cats or working around my place (which I did yesterday and today).
I have anti social tendencies as it is, and when someone does me like this guy did, it just exacerbates those feelings. The real kicker is this guy REALLY wants to come up to my Oklahoma place and hunt with me, but that sh*t definitely ain’t happening.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least you weren’t asked to bring snacks and wasted time and money gathering or cooking them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom