Finally reached the end of the stash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always maintained a “large” supply of ammo.
All reloads except for rimfire.
Shoot a lot of rimfire, so when the 8years of obama came about and rimfire was almost non existent my stash got lower and lower. I swore on this forum I’d never pay more than .05 a round.
Quit shooting first.
Now it’s in easy supply so decided to go ahead and finish out the old stash, adding to the new to keep fresh ammo.
My last two boxes went down the pipe today.

89868caad884f4824da1770a02610207.jpg

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For weekend outing to "Keep the kids entertained" I can remember my dad going to Gibson's and buying a brick of .22 each for my brother and I. He'd then stop and pick up my uncle and a case of beer for them. Next stop was a creek where we spent the afternoon burning through our ammo while they burned through their beer. We (us kids) weren't allowed to use anything with a scope because that was cheating.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always maintained a “large” supply of ammo.
All reloads except for rimfire.
Shoot a lot of rimfire, so when the 8years of obama came about and rimfire was almost non existent my stash got lower and lower. I swore on this forum I’d never pay more than .05 a round.
Quit shooting first.
Now it’s in easy supply so decided to go ahead and finish out the old stash, adding to the new to keep fresh ammo.
My last two boxes went down the pipe today.

89868caad884f4824da1770a02610207.jpg

That’s some old ammo there. Back in the day prices too. Those days are long gone man, but at least we can readily buy ammo, especially rimfire stuff, again, and prices are not too bad really. The comments in about this thread remind me of when I was a kid growing up in OKC...and how after we peddled over to Kmart or Otasco for some .22 Ammo, we’d go shooting for rabbits and stuff in the Old Shepard Sisters’ field there just north of NW 23rd between Villa and Ross. Yep; that was before the old gals passed away and it became Shepard Mall. After that, they didn’t lets us go shooting there anymore. Kinda sad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day, we would buy a brick of .22 for $5 so we could go shooting after school (Tulsa Jr. College back then). Common sense would prevail, so we would ditch school and go shooting or hunting instead until we were out of ammo. We went in the fields between Tulsa and BA. There's a bunch of rich folks homes there now...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day, we would buy a brick of .22 for $5 so we could go shooting after school (Tulsa Jr. College back then). Common sense would prevail, so we would ditch school and go shooting or hunting instead until we were out of ammo. We went in the fields between Tulsa and BA. There's a bunch of rich folks homes there now...

Good to see that you got your priorities straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom