Firearms Training Options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for other options besides Front Sight. I realize they are expensive, but I have yet to find any other facility that offers the number of options they do. Maybe thats why they are expensive, if they are the only ones, but I know there are others. They just don't spend the marketing money like Front Sight does.

I don't blame you for looking. 600 rounds in four days sounds pretty exiting ... :screwy: Other than the night courses I don't see value in their handgun offering over what you can get here. If you want to take the four day defensive handgun (night), you have to have the four day defensive handgun class as a pre-req. So there's over $5000 (with ammo and expenses) right there. :hot:

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a lifetime member of front site and TDSA. He said hands down he received better and more intense training from TDSA. He only goes to frontsite now for long distance rifle. YMMV

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they also don't offer watered down training as a promotional vehicle to spam you to death either. :rolleyes2

The people I have spoken with who have trained there didnt see their training as watered down. Spam? Yes they have interesting and aggressive marketing strategies.

I don't blame you for looking. 600 rounds in four days sounds pretty exiting ... :screwy: Other than the night courses I don't see value in their handgun offering over what you can get here. If you want to take the four day defensive handgun (night), you have to have the four day defensive handgun class as a pre-req. So there's over $5000 (with ammo and expenses) right there. :hot:

Im not only looking at handgun courses, but Im not really sure how you can say you don't see the benefit of their training based on a course description. Round count doesnt really bother me. In fact that tells me that they actually spend time instructing and not lining up on a range and going bang bang bang.

Im not really pro or anti Front Sight, nor was I looking for opinions on Front Sight, but I just couldn't find many other class options like they offer. Beyond just handgun.

Thanks man, shootrite.org is the one I have been trying to remember and couldn't. I think the director was on one of the early Sons of Guns shows a while ago, before the show got to be unwatchable.

I have a friend who is a lifetime member of front site and TDSA. He said hands down he received better and more intense training from TDSA. He only goes to frontsite now for long distance rifle. YMMV

Im sure there are many sites that do one thing better than others. Spending your money to go out of state for just handgun would be a waste when there are good options here.

What kind of training are you looking for? Competition, defensive, pistol, carbine, shotgun, combatives?

Lots of different ones peak my interest. To be honest Im not quite ready to pull the trigger and buy today, just trying to weigh my options.

The 3gun combat training like gunsite offers sounds interesting.

Carbine and precision rifle trainings would be interesting to me.

The armorers classes and the 30 state CCW like Front Sight offers is something I would be interested in.

Also the team tactics course that Shootrite offers would be a blast and extremely useful for home defense situations.

Last edited:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't you start another thread on this subject?

No BS crap content to get you to buy a condo or rape your wallet by dragging a course which takes one day into 4 days like FS does. No ego stroking about how bad ass operator they are either.

http://www.tdsatulsa.com/testimonials.php

http://www.tdsatulsa.com/courses.php

Pistol
Advanced Combat Pistol (Level I) C.L.E.E.T. Accredited
Advanced Combat Pistol (Level II) C.L.E.E.T. Accredited
Advanced Competition Pistol (IDPA/IPSC based training)
Mastering the Fundamentals of Marksmanship (Pistol)

Tactical Rifle
Patrol Rifle Operators C.L.E.E.T. Accredited
Urban Rifle/Tactical Carbine (Level I) C.L.E.E.T. Accredited
Urban Rifle/Tactical Carbine (Level II) C.L.E.E.T. Accredited

Shotgun
Advanced Combat Shotgun C.L.E.E.T. Accredited

Ladies Only
Introduction to Firearms for Ladies

Concealed Carry
Street Survival for Concealed Carry
Oklahoma Concealed Carry Course - Contact Dewayne Reeves at (918) 378-7663 for information on this class.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No BS crap content to get you to buy a condo or rape your wallet by dragging a course which takes one day into 4 days like FS does. No ego stroking about how bad ass operator they are either.

Pistol

Tactical Rifle

Shotgun

Ladies Only

Concealed Carry
Oklahoma Concealed Carry Course - Contact Dewayne Reeves at (918) 378-7663 for information on this class.

You live near Tulsa, these seems your best option.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No. You are thinking of the thread about USSA where myself and another asked about what happened to the classes USSA USED to have. I didn't want to muddy that thread with this stuff, as it wasn't my thread in the first place.

Pistol

Tactical Rifle

Shotgun

Ladies Only

Concealed Carry

Ya, as I stated in the first post and a couple since. I am looking for places that offer some of the other classes than the basic Handgun, Carbine, Shotgun 1,2 and 3 classes. Like what Front Sight, Gunsite, Thunder Ranch and Shootrite offers.

I have no issues with USSA or TDSA, just looking for more options and classes that USSA no longer offers, and TDSA doesn't offer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom